DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
upload_2017-5-21_19-51-58.jpeg

(had to make it in separate post as it wouldn't let me post it if I just edited the previous post, idk why)

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
images

Would rather see that (above)
Than this: (below)

You may soon discover that you may be on barren ground in this Forum. Most members are interested in first: their fish. then any wildlife that may show up and, yes, plants also, but plants that flower above the pond's surface.
Your hobby is quite interesting, but will probably not garner much in the way of attention from the Forum members.
When I first saw your original post about Aquascaping, i thought that you were referring to this:
upload_2017-5-21_20-8-10.jpeg

upload_2017-5-21_20-8-57.jpeg

images

Now this style is cool!!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The 2nd photo I actually know the guy who made that, shane!
great guy and that tank was guess how big;
1 gallon.
All of those were under 5 gallons (except the first one, that's a sixty five? I think? cant remember...)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have some plants from my planted tank in my pond...but they get uprooted and became floating islands... rotala rotundifolia and tried vals but koi ate those...i thought it would look nice to have a forest of vals waving in the current

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have some plants from my planted tank in my pond...but they get uprooted and became floating islands... rotala rotundifolia and tried vals but koi ate those...i thought it would look nice to have a forest of vals waving in the current
What kind of vallisneria? would look nice especially in a pond for some :)
if you use ludwigia "red" you can tie it to driftwood and trim the roots that shoot off of it, it will continue to flourish and grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I have koi in my pond and struggle to keep my lilies , a couple grasses and water celery. Before I kept koi, I had arachanis , parrots feather, floating plant filled nets and such ; however it was a problem, as the koi fry flourished in them and contributed to a huge over population problem .

If I was younger and had more space, I'd probably add another small pond, for pretty plants :) I love my koi and have had them about 12 years, so they are my focus :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jw 's pond has plants right to the edge and into the pond koi are greedy destroying monsters .;)

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
For your alls koi issue; could you try netting around plants in a bucket?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope they will knock it over .Tried it only thing that works for my koi is to make my window screen pockets to hold the plants .
101_0431.JPG
101_0443.JPG

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Why I don't like koi lol!
Good idea with the windows screen, I use it for filter intakes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The val was just the normal kind. Idk. its not the corkscrew... and yes the red would look nice but I don't have any of that right now. I had some in my planted tank but it eventually died off.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I made a hammock out of window screening to lift my fish out if I have to move them and it works for other people also that I have taken care of the sick fish they have .Easier than a net and you use both hands to cradle them less chance of injury .You have to look at things with a different eye when you are a ponder

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have my pond up yet and I've never kept a pond, but I'll say that you can definitely enjoy and appreciate submerged plants in ponds. I visit a lot of natural ponds, streams, creeks, etc. on hikes, and it's great to see the native plants.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have this plant in the NorFork lake around here, and I just cannot identify it! not even APC can. Grows in Very low light, submerged, leaves are go into a V at the end, circular on the outskirts of the leaf. Stem is brownish green. :p idk
@TallGrassBigSky glad to see someone else likes this idea:)

Ask a Question