j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice assortment of plants you have started gathering PL and hope they do well for you! It's nice to have a variety of color in the pond w/ the hardy lilies. I too only have the pink right now but looking forward to adding different colors. Did you get any Parrots Feather? I really like that plant. It sprawls across the water and you can just tuck it in between rocks on the side of your pond so it's roots stay in the water.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Our local nursery has a Water Garden Club and I am thinking about joining it in hopes of maybe acquiring some plants from other ponders in this area.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very good idea PL and wish they had one here. Haven't found one yet anyways!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok if anyone has a park with watergardens I found out that several sell plants and seeds to help fund the care of the gardens .They have nurseries and gift stores where they sell them .I just found out that Biltmore Estates in NC sells seeds and plants at there garden store and gift center and I did not know that when I went there last year .Wish I had known but I did not see anything in there tour guide book .I was in the gift center and did not even see that behind it is a garden store .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat to know sissy. I'll have to remember that and can't think of any around here right now. Everything out here in the woods is all natural stuff having to do w/ ponds.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I received the items I "won" on ebay yesterday. A bunch of little seeds. :ideacyclops: Wish me luck!

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Water iris and lizard's tail. I plan on putting both in my bog.I guess I'm going to start them in smaller pots and when they are bigger put in the bog. Another first for me. :>) I also have some other plants that I ordered from Texas waterlilly I only hope that they are not seeds also.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well that does sound kind of weird sending seeds like that but I guess if free not so bad. I don't think they will send you seeds from Texas waterlily if you paid for them to send plants or at least I would hope not!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
With your lilies, unlabeled of course, is some rush, blue forgetmenot, obedient plant. (purple flowers) some water mint, (you can tell by the smell) some call invasive, I just yank if it grows too much. water primrose. I picked a start of everything that was growing, so enjoy.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You talking to me addy and if so thank you and if not my mistake,lol!
lo

lol jw , nope my mistake in how I type that was for pl. Do you need some? I am mailing the boxes tomorrow, can easily grab you some variety, add to the box

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
lol addy that's ok you have given me plenty but if you want to sneak a snip or 2 in there feel free :D

Ask a Question