Aquatic Plant source?

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Oh no... I have reached my quota of likes for the day. JW I think you are contagious. LIKE :razz: LIKE :razz: LIKE :razz:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Pondlover; you mentioned a Water Garden Club in one of your posts. Any idea how that works? I'd appreciate any info, since I run the water garden corner at a local garden centre, and could always use ideas. Thanks.
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Thanks, Pondlover. I thought it was more of a garden centre sponsored thing, but the idea of offering discounts to pond club members has crossed my mind. Thanks again.
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, Pondlover. I thought it was more of a garden centre sponsored thing, but the idea of offering discounts to pond club members has crossed my mind. Thanks again.
John

People love discounts, think of all those that sign up for the grocery cards, to get the store discount. I joined the home depot garden club to get their discounts.
See if you can set up some sort of club, bet you would get a lot of people signing up for the discounts.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
How does that work, Addy; is there a charge to sign up? I've never heard of grocery store discount cards. Maybe it's because I don't do the shopping!
Got my pond cleaned out, all except the beach area. Wasn't as bad as I expected, only about two wheelbarrows full of compost, but enough lily cuttings for maybe 50 starts, and the marestail was the worst of all. Could plant up 20 or 30 ponds with the stuff! I love the look of it, but I dopn't think I'll be putting any back in. Too bad there's no-one around here who could use my leftover plants!
John

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
John I did pay a $25 membership to join the club. You might consider something similar. I will post more info as I get it if you like.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How does that work, Addy; is there a charge to sign up? I
John

The sign up is free, then I get an email or a mailing with discounts, i.e. 10% off one plant etc.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Did you get any Parrots Feather? I really like that plant. It sprawls across the water and you can just tuck it in between rocks on the side of your pond so it's roots stay in the water.

That sounds neat. I don't have any shelving tho.

How would I put them in the rocks like that? Would I have to take them out of their pots and just sit the plant at an angle, rocks around it a little to hold it in place? are the roots very noticeable?

Red Stemmed Parrots Feather is the only pond plant I could find locally, heh. So, guess gonna buy all 5 of them that they have.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have it just tucked in the rocks squeezed in between any way they will fit just so the stems are in water. Lots of it I just throw in the pond to float around on top too. It multiplies every year.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Does anybody know of a online "aquatic pond pland store" that sells plants bigger than seedlings ??

The greenhouses nearest me require me to buy 12 of a kind if I want to order pond plants from them. Their pond plants are bigger than a seedling. Their pond plants they get are actually a good 4 inches or so tall instead of just a little twig thingy pokeing out of the pot.

If I can't find an online store, does it take long and alot of care for these very small pond plant seedlings to start growing good ?? Can I just put them in the pond and not worry about them ??

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Depends on the plant you are asking about, some grow fast, some slower. The ones I have grow fast, once they get going.

Ask a Question