Babies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
While cleaning out the pond filters today (and shutting the bubbler off to do so too) I saw something small on the bottom of my pond picking up something and spitting it back out...then another...I have two babies about an inch long in my pond! :) I dont know if there are anymore, BUT I didn't know they were in there in the first place and have no clue as to who mom and dad are lol. I guess the fish dance I observed this spring produced something! :)) That takes me up to one shubunkin, 4 fantails, two black/gold fantails, 3 goldies and two babies (that I've seen so far) wooo hooo!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
like me they sneak up on you and i have to go out and buy some flaked food for them .I just found mine the other night .You are a fishy grandma congrats .Hows it feel to be old :razz:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
the two lil guys I saw are about an inch long so I'm guessing they were "made" this spring when I got my new fish...kewl beans! One is gold/black and the other gold/black/white spots but still dont know who did it to make them lol cuz the one white/yellow fantail was the one it seemed everyone was chasing this spring. Do you think I should just leave them in there with the others as it seems they dont mess with them and probably already ate their siblings :eek: I'm just amazed they are in there scrounging around on the bottom of my preformed pond with the adults just swimming around them on the top. How the heck do I feed them flakes when the older crowd will scavange it before they even have a chance...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
that was the size of mine too but they were up in the waterfall .SURPRISE SURPRISE .I wait until evening to feed mine since they are in the waterfall but those little guys will not starve there is plenty to eat in the pond ,proof is they are that big and survived .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
yup I can now say officially I'm a fishy grandma! :D sweet! Darn kids could of at least told me! :eek:

Ask a Question