Backyard water garden build begins!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice work. Some times you can't tell from a picture what the final will be there was one that to me looked like you were on a steep hill and I thought it was going to be a nightmare to cover.
Not only did you pull it off you certainly made a little oasis for your self the transformation has to be very pleasing to you all .
Congrads

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Nice work. Some times you can't tell from a picture what the final will be there was one that to me looked like you were on a steep hill and I thought it was going to be a nightmare to cover.
Not only did you pull it off you certainly made a little oasis for your self the transformation has to be very pleasing to you all .
Congrads
Thank you! We are pleased with how it’s turning out. My wife and baby were already testing out one of the spots. Wildlife is already taking to the bog as well. The amount of birds I’ve seen already coming for drinks and bathing in the bog is awesome to see.

Attachments

• 04C2EA52-5D01-4004-A525-4353248C3B99.jpeg
    04C2EA52-5D01-4004-A525-4353248C3B99.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 57533244-8F1E-499E-BA56-73ECF453BA51.jpeg
    57533244-8F1E-499E-BA56-73ECF453BA51.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Be careful what you plant . If a certain plant is on the invasive list beware. When first starting out the desire to fill in is great. Have patience.

Hostas and impatience absolutely can't in the bogs but don't submerge to much of the roots . The constant water is all they need.

I love that one massive tree you have. It will become a love hate thing for sure . Best thing is it looks like the herons will have a challange getting it there I few lines up in the trees may solve any who may try .
That's what I have done try to take away the flight path as they would try to leave they need a long take off like a air place to get airborne. Landing is another story but they are less opt to try if they see no way out

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Just stunning! You are making me want to add lights to my pond!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looking awesome. Love the birds. I have tons of birds coming to take baths in the mud puddles around my back yard and I keep promising them they’ll have something much better soon.

Ask your wife where I can find a pair of those badass crocs. lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Damn spell check I typed Crank hosts and impatience will CRANK in the bog just keep there feet wet and they will explode

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Be careful what you plant . If a certain plant is on the invasive list beware. When first starting out the desire to fill in is great. Have patience.

Hostas and impatience absolutely can't in the bogs but don't submerge to much of the roots . The constant water is all they need.

I love that one massive tree you have. It will become a love hate thing for sure . Best thing is it looks like the herons will have a challange getting it there I few lines up in the trees may solve any who may try .
That's what I have done try to take away the flight path as they would try to leave they need a long take off like a air place to get airborne. Landing is another story but they are less opt to try if they see no way out
I plan to only do native. I have surgery on Monday, and took the whole week off for recovery. depending how I recover I may take a peaceful walk through our native plant nursery’s here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Looking awesome. Love the birds. I have tons of birds coming to take baths in the mud puddles around my back yard and I keep promising them they’ll have something much better soon.

Ask your wife where I can find a pair of those badass crocs. lol
Crocs. The ultimate footwear choice of pond builders lol. I’ve been in mine non-stop since I’ve started building jumping in and out of the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Water tested today to see where the pond is at with the cycle. I’m happy with the results. Still going to wait another week or or two before adding any fish as I want to give the pond more time to cycle. I’ve Also been focused on some other landscaping tasks that I’ve neglected since I was focused on the pond build. Tested with the liquid API pond master kit.

Attachments

• C107CEF3-C2AC-41EF-8F1D-0E8BEEAF22CB.jpeg
    C107CEF3-C2AC-41EF-8F1D-0E8BEEAF22CB.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 11

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Water tested today to see where the pond is at with the cycle. I’m happy with the results. Still going to wait another week or or two before adding any fish as I want to give the pond more time to cycle. I’ve Also been focused on some other landscaping tasks that I’ve neglected since I was focused on the pond build. Tested with the liquid API pond master kit.
water looks good! It is possible your cycle hasn't really started yet, so I would just go slow when adding fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
water looks good! It is possible your cycle hasn't really started yet, so I would just go slow when adding fish.
I added a lot of bacteria to essentially fast track the cycle. Even if I did add fish now Chances are I’d never see a spike in ammonia with the amount of bacteria in the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There is unfortunately a bit more to Cycling A POND OTHER THAN THE FRESH WATER AQUARIUM TEST KITS. The bacteria is also in need of establishing and aging so even though tests look good keep it light of fish load and feedings

Ask a Question