Bees, Bees and more Bees!!!

Reaction score
stroppy said:
if you have somewhere you can put it away from your children try putting a saucer of sugar water out, bees love it, it might keep them away from your waterfall, it saves a lot of bees from dieing in very hot weather

Thank you! I'm going to try this.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Put fresh water some where else far from the pond to attract them somewhere else to keep your children safe I had the same problem and put a really shallow bowl far from the pond in the yard and at first put a little sugar in it to get them to the bowl and now they go to that instead of my pond

Reaction score
The bees are coming to the closest water source to their hive , its that simple and considering where you live i for one am glad you have given them a source to drink from , remember bees can only sting once and give up their life to do it , so i imagine they're pretty reluctant to sting unless threatened , most bees will check you out first the will fly right up to your face and hover there for a while , DON'T SWAT!!!!! teach your boys to walk slowly away backwards one slow step at a time , introduce them to a site online we're they can learn about them and then have fun watching them ... Go rent the Bee movie lol , teach them not to fear the bees and to learn the differences between species ..... If on the other hand they are african honey bees and are aggressive (i.e Killer bees ) then all bets are off and you will be doing american/european bees a huge favour by eliminating them , however life is precious ...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I protect and plant for honey bees, they need all the help we can give them. When I would scoop them out of our pool they never tried to sting, would just sit in my hand until I laid them on the deck.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Do the same thing when I'm in a pool, scoop the poor things out and let them go..........we need them and w/o them we are going to be in big trouble :regular_waving_emot

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They wouldn't say cheese?

Attachments

• P1030009.jpg
    P1030009.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 305
  • P1030014.jpg
    P1030014.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 247

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
At least you got them in your photo's..............mine are so busy they speed from flower to flower so fast I can't keep up w/ them. Little speed freaks they are! Very pretty pics by the way :lol:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have 100's on the russian sage right next to my garden. If you stick your head close to the bush you can hear them buzzing around, sort of like a bee concert.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Listen to this video of all these bee's.............now that would drive me bonkers if I had to hear that for too long. Good thing they aren't active at night like frogs by the pond :lol:

[ame]

Reaction score
I use to have worker bees come to my water lettuce literally I couldn't go near the pond there were so many and wasps come take the wet mud after I watered the flowers around the pond

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Finally was able to get some bee photo's but just on some clover in the grass........they love that stuff and I hate to mow the grass cuz of them. Also a photo of a yellow jacket getting a drink from the bird bath........not really fond of them but let them live unless they try to get me :lol:

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I only mow the back field every other time, tons of clover and tons of bees! they love that field

Reaction score
Bees usually don't sting unless you get within a few feet of the hive. They're not going to sting to protect their individual self because, well.. they'd die!

Ask a Question