j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Not those ole yellow jackets........they'll bite ya 50 times and then some :surfing:

Reaction score
So far they are leaving me alone and I'm leaving them alone......LOL They get water and I guess make trips back and forth to the hive. They are usually not out there first thing in the morning or after the sun starts to set in the night. I still don't like so many of them around, but as long as the boys stay safe I'll let them be. I have learned that these are not aggresive at all if I have to work in the pond right where they are they don't bother me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Border of 6a & 6b
Country
United States
The bees are coming to the closest water source to their hive , its that simple and considering where you live i for one am glad you have given them a source to drink from , remember bees can only sting once and give up their life to do it , so i imagine they're pretty reluctant to sting unless threatened , most bees will check you out first the will fly right up to your face and hover there for a while , DON'T SWAT!!!!! teach your boys to walk slowly away backwards one slow step at a time , introduce them to a site online we're they can learn about them and then have fun watching them ... Go rent the Bee movie lol , teach them not to fear the bees and to learn the differences between species ..... If on the other hand they are african honey bees and are aggressive (i.e Killer bees ) then all bets are off and you will be doing american/european bees a huge favour by eliminating them , however life is precious ...
Not all bees die after stinging. "Bees with barbed stingers can often sting other insects without harming themselves. Queen honeybees and bees of many other species, including bumblebees and many solitary bees, have smooth stingers and can sting mammals repeatedly." Make sure you learn what kind you have so you can research them.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee_sting

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
2011 thread! When the bees sting me they always leave their stinger stinking in my poor body!

Ask a Question