Best equipment

Reaction score
Country
United States
Starting the process of building a pondless waterfall and stream in Prescott AZ. Size outside of rocks to be used to contain the soil is 15 wide by 25 long. The falls will be 4-5 feet in height. Looking to get a kit from Berkley, Russel, or Filtrific. The costs are from 5K to 6.5K. Does anyone have any experience with these companies and equipment? Considering 200 plus gallons storage with only filters for waste falling into pondless area. Berkley and Filtrific are most expensive but the equipment appears better constructed. Do not want the water storage chamber under the feature so Aquascape system is out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Starting the process of building a pondless waterfall and stream in Prescott AZ. Size outside of rocks to be used to contain the soil is 15 wide by 25 long. The falls will be 4-5 feet in height. Looking to get a kit from Berkley, Russel, or Filtrific. The costs are from 5K to 6.5K. Does anyone have any experience with these companies and equipment? Considering 200 plus gallons storage with only filters for waste falling into pondless area. Berkley and Filtrific are most expensive but the equipment appears better constructed. Do not want the water storage chamber under the feature so Aquascape system is out.

seems extremely priced in my eyes, but then, my whole 7k gallon pond only cost about 4k DIY. Sorry no better help, but for that kind of money, I'd expect a pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1644861249498.gif
@GnmnT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Had a pond and fish in Oregon and all the maintenance with algae, sediment, cleaning filters and protein skimmers. They are great for those who want this activity. We need a low maintenance pondless unit for our area in AZ where water usage is under tight scrutiny. The idea is a tried and true system that we can enjoy without excessive maintenance and equipment service and replacement. If a person prices out the equipment and materials needed for such a system the numbers speak for themselves. The question for us is the quality of materials, equipment, and overall quality of design and/or function of the system when in place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Had a pond and fish in Oregon and all the maintenance with algae, sediment, cleaning filters and protein skimmers. They are great for those who want this activity. We need a low maintenance pondless unit for our area in AZ where water usage is under tight scrutiny. The idea is a tried and true system that we can enjoy without excessive maintenance and equipment service and replacement. If a person prices out the equipment and materials needed for such a system the numbers speak for themselves. The question for us is the quality of materials, equipment, and overall quality of design and/or function of the system when in place.

hmm, well, let me give you an alternate perspective on ponds in MY backyard; no maintenance other than filling up empty glasses. There IS some hard work in getting the koi food jar open, but that's why I have a wife. Then of course, SOMEONE needs to position the umbrella over top when it gets over 80F and the sun won't quit; we're thinking of hiring out for that chore, currently. Let's see, I got 3 waterfalls not including the bog spill, over 150 fish of various color combinations which stubbornly refuse to leave us along and swim all the time in front of us, flashing their colors, breaking my eyes...and there's a jungle's worth of plants to distract me from actually reading a book or something foolish like that. Oh, did I mention the turtles and frogs? They like to make like humans and sun themselves; rather cheeky lil bast*ards, parroting their human slaves as they do...

Green water? No, string alge? no, sediment filters to clean? no, protein skimmers? no--that's what saltwater aquariums are for, Activity? just the afore mentioned 'strains on my leisure time'...

And I'm not making a single shred of the above up; methinks your idea of ponding could use some updating!!!!

;):cool::p:D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am about the same, turn the pump on in the spring (I shut off for the winter) then ignore all summer...................Pull excess plants when they get out of hand, ow no maintenance needed. LOVE MY BOG!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have never heard of either of those companies. have you looked at webs or tried to take a kit and compare buying seperately .

Ask a Question