Big Lou's Condition

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Louis' wife Cathy here with you this morning. Knowing he decided to take a break from your forum and after reading his last post myself I feel you should know why. Louis' seizure rate dramatically increased over the past two months. We, including his Neurologist, agree my Big Lou must do whatever is required to bring his Complex Seziure Disorder under control. By increasing his anti-seizure med dosage was the first step. Last night our grown children came down and as a family we assured him that we are in this together. The major change for my husband is to be in a setting of absolute peace and quite. By removing external factors his brain can better rest. This peace and quite also helps his body to be less tensed. So for a period of time Louis is on strict bed rest. What he needs now is an air of serenity. His excellent therapist has agreed to meet with him here at home if needed.

There is no cure for his seizure disorder yet we were assured by his doctor that he will get it back under control. Please know that his participation on this forum has not contributed to his problems. My big man worries more than a mother hen. Sometimes he finds worry where there is none. Louis adores our pond and I truly believe the back and forth discussions with you are good for him. Until he rejoins your conversations "Big Lou" will miss each of you. Our family is confident and hope you get Louis in your thoughts. I almost forgot, Their is possible good future news on my job hunt. Right now though, my place is here at home.

Cathy

Reaction score
Thank you for the update Cathy. Please do stop in as you have the time. We'd love to hear more from you, and of course updates on Lou. My heart just breaks for all of you. Seizures are exhausting to say the least, not just the physical & emotional trama for the person experiencing them, but those who love them. I know you said you have the support of your family, but please, remember to take care of you too. I've been down a similar path with my aunt (who was really my 2nd mom) my entire life til her passing, and then a short time with one of our daughters (hers were short term reactions to specific items), I know first hand how easy it is for the caregivers to let themselves go. You will all be in my prayers.

Reaction score
Thank you for letting us know what was going on. As im my last post, you will both be in out thoughts and prayers and as sissy has said take care of yourself too. God had a purpose for you losing your job, and when your Honey is better, God will bless you with a better one. Lou, you get better and come back to us!
Mucho amor,
WENDY

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thank you so much Cathy for letting us know about " L"'s condition. He will be in my thoughts and prayers also and he's such a nice, fun,sensitive person so full of concern for everyone else. I hope he gets his condition under control soon so he can come back to us. We will miss him till he gets back here. Tell him to "Peace Out" and become one w/ tranquility...........hmmmmmmmmmm, we now have access to MJ here in our state.........wonder if that would help him medically? Well ya never know :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank you so much Cathy for letting us know about " L"'s condition. He will be in my thoughts and prayers also and he's such a nice, fun,sensitive person so full of concern for everyone else. I hope he gets his condition under control soon so he can come back to us. We will miss him till he gets back here. Tell him to "Peace Out" and become one w/ tranquility...........hmmmmmmmmmm, we now have access to MJ here in our state.........wonder if that would help him medically? Well ya never know :)

Oh my JW, "L's" dates with Mary Jane ended upon our engagement some 34 years ago. LOL. I will be sure to tell him to "Peace Out".

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Every thing takes time and illness does not start overnight and cure does not happen over night so wishing him the best and know every ones prayers are with him at his time and keeping fingers crossed for the job also ,but understand wanting to be with hubby .Good luck to both of you and be strong

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Cathy; You are both in our thoughts and prayers. Be strong and always believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Bonjour tout le monde!

Time for a quick update.  Louis is resting well and can now periodically relax in his comfy recliner.  He sleeps much more than usual but that is okay.  I actually enjoy the ultra peace and quiet and know it is helping him.  Great news!  No additional seizures and his recent scan showed no added  brain damage nor sign of a stroke. Hooray!  His memory is a slightly worse and he seems to be easily confused.  Hopefully those isuues will go away. 

Today is a special Saturday.  Louis' Nurologist okayed him being walked outside to sit by the pond!  I just know he will be happy!

Je vous remercie,
Cathy

P.S. Sometime back Louis told me that two lady members husbands were very ill. So sorry but I cannot recall your names. Please let me know your names and be asuured that we sincerely hope your husbands are doing better.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cathy,
It is Sissy and Colleen's husbands. Sissy is in virginia, Colleen is in canada

Ask a Question