Bio Kickstart?

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
Good morning again everyone.

I currently do not have fish in my pond. It has been running for about a day and a half with the filter, fountain and waterfall.

What is the best choice for kick starting the Biological filter in the pond. Many seem to use the chemical and others use feeder gold fish.

I would like to know the pros and cons to using either as I have heard both good and bad from other sources. Some say the chemical choice is to artificial and others mention the fact that feeder gold fish are cheap for a reason as they can carry fish disease etc...

Any thoughts on this would be great.

Cheers.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
On my first pond I used Microb-lift? I think it was called. On my second pond I just let it run for a week and added a couple comets and some fish food to get it going. The comets are pretty inexpensive.

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
I added some Bio stuff to kick start the Biological filter 15 minutes ago. My pond has been running for nearly two day's and I will wait another 48 hours prior to adding fish.

I believe I should be safe with regards to the chlorine and chlorimine as the 4 day's should have dissipated it well enough?

Cheers.

Ask a Question