sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I only saw one true blue frog in that group after that you may need more than what's in eggnog .How can children like that .LOL

Reaction score
I only saw one true blue frog in that group after that you may need more than what's in eggnog .How can children like that .LOL

Well, you will have to excuse my goofy nature on that one. I don't know if kids really like such things, but just because of the circumstances of this thread, I was left rolling on the floor when I typed in "Blue Frog" on Google and this popped up for me. I am sorry, I couldn't resist adding it in here. Just too cute to pass up.

Gordy

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
He's blue because it is cold... Wait until St Patty's Day. He'll turn green again and so will his pee! :)

Ididntdoit, it is pretty decent weather here in Iowa and Nebraska, though, isn't it? Much nicer than the past few years.

Gordy

Yes. crazy weather this winter, we should have a couple feet on the ground by now, and huge 4 foot snow drifts in my yard. Makes me worried we are going to get hit bad in Jan and Feb.

My uncle (A farmer, so he kinda pays attention to the farmers almanac, and kind of the "folklore" about the weather) said at Christmas that the weather usually "balances" itself out, so when we have a cold winter, we have a hot summer, but when we have a warm winter, we have a really cold spring/summer, where it takes forever to finally warm up and all of the farming and getting fields ready for planting takes forever because it doesn't warm up fast enough.

If thats the case, bring on the snow! I don't want an easy winter if it involves a cold, wet rainy spring.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Down here we want a wet spring as we need it and the ground is hard and does not absorb the water very well .It amazes me what kids like these days ,scary monsters are not scary any more .My neighbor commented on the rainbow fox we have here ,he is a drunk and I told him yeh funny what you see when you are drinking and maybe thats a hint you should stop drinking .I didn't tell him I shot at it with a paint ball gun ,maybe his family will try to get him some help .I never saw a rainbow fox ,never .LOL

Reaction score
Yes. crazy weather this winter, we should have a couple feet on the ground by now, and huge 4 foot snow drifts in my yard. Makes me worried we are going to get hit bad in Jan and Feb. My uncle (A farmer, so he kinda pays attention to the farmers almanac, and kind of the "folklore" about the weather) said at Christmas that the weather usually "balances" itself out, so when we have a cold winter, we have a hot summer, but when we have a warm winter, we have a really cold spring/summer, where it takes forever to finally warm up and all of the farming and getting fields ready for planting takes forever because it doesn't warm up fast enough. If thats the case, bring on the snow! I don't want an easy winter if it involves a cold, wet rainy spring.

We had a really mild winter back around 1999 - 2001. I remember my neighbor from the river going out fishing in mid December in the morning with nothing but a light windbreaker jacket. It's pretty darned warm when you can buzz up and down the river in a boat with a light jacket on at 9 in the morning in December. Obviously it has not been that warm this year, but so far it sure beats -8°F and blowing wind and 6-8 foot drifts!

One bad thing about a really mild winter is that more bugs survive to pester us the next spring and summer. But I am in agreement with you, I don't like cold and damp springs.

Gordy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the flowers are confused real bad here and they are all coming up and lilies want to bloom again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Love the blue frog pics! I chased out a couple of frogs couple of weeks ago when I was trying to remove as much of the string algae as possible, so decided to leave a small area for them to live in. Will have to be diligent to get it all out of there come spring.

It has been unseasonably warm here in Illinois, too! I just looked at the 10 day forecast, as I still have not shut down my waterfall, fountain, etc. I did take the skimmer out, as I'm using that pump in my "basement pool" for my newly acquired koi. But wondered if I needed to take tomorrow and winterize my pond. Looks like besides tomorrow's high only being 29, the rest of the week it will be in the high 30's up to 56 on Friday, and still in the high 30's to mid 40's for the next 10 days. So. I will wait another weekend to winterize at minimum! I hate the wind. Today we are having high winds. I can handle 15 degrees, with no wind and sunshine, but today it's 45 and 27 mph winds. it's chilly.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Patti

Ask a Question