Bog Filter

Reaction score
I am getting ready to put in a large bog filter, connected to the pond with a small stream. I read that you can plant tomatoes in your bog, anyone try that? Does anyone know what other veg. plants you can grow in a bog?
Thanks!
Michele

Reaction score
I have another question concerning the bog filter I am building. My pond is around 5000 gallons, I plan to make the bog 8x8 and 1 foot deep filled with gravel and plants, I have a 7500 gallon an hour pump, which I know will lose some flow due to the distance and elevation it will be pumping, is this pump going to be too big, or not big enough? The bog will be connected to the pond with a small stream about 15 feet long.

Reaction score
Pump sounds adequate. You may want to put a tee in the outlet with one hose going to your bog or waterfall and the other going to another portion of your pond. If you put ball valves on each of these you can control the output to each portion of your pond until you find the balance you are looking for. BTW I am no expert but this worked for me to control the flow of my waterfall. Some that know better will hopefully chime in and give some other thoughts. I have a 3000gph pump running a 1500gallon pond with a waterfall. I had to divert some of the waterflow to the far end of the pond so my waterfall didn't resemble niagara.

Ask a Question