j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Take a boat around Cuba to Florida and meet addy sometime to grab some plants at her place in Florida :LOL:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Is it illegal to take a boat from the Cayman islands to Florida or is it just illegal to take the plants back? Oh heck what's life w/o taking a few chances.............especially when it's not me ;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I was thinking of those ones that sneak in at night jw, no customs check................

63.gif

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You can take a boat to cayman islands (your own) but I believe it's illegal to bring plants without declaring them. But then again what are the odds of getting caught? :cautious: Just go up to an unpopulated short drop off your goodies then park your boat and get a car to retrieve your goodies. :sneaky:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing! not sure my little box of plants would be worth that effort!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok after a long day of cleaning, trimming boxing plants, they will be picked up tomorrow on their way. Usually a 2 day shipping. The weight was a lot less than I thought, this is the first time I have sent just growing plants.

So I used all the small boxes I could find at home, to save money for everybody.

The plants, will be wilted looking, crushed looking, but put them in some water, shallow and let them float. Or right into your bog, or anywhere wet. They recover wonderfully. Hope I got everything in every bag, it got overwhelming and one long day.

Bags................
DSC06844.JPG

plants
DSC06845.JPG

DSC06846.JPG

creeping primrose yellow flowers around 2 feet or so. grows by runners.
DSC06847.JPG

pickerel rush, I don't have a lot so you will get a chunk of it, put in wet and it will grow.
DSC06848.JPG

rush, just starting to grow roots and shoots a great filter plant where you don't mind it expanding in a circle
DSC06849.JPG

obedience plant I have it crown dry and crown wet it does fine. It grows great along the edge of the pond long hanging roots, the fish love to spawn in. Or in the bog or in wet dirt. Great purple flowers and good nectar for my bees lol
two or so feet tall
DSC06850.JPG

roots put in water they grow, marsh betony or penny wort, not sure
DSC06851.JPG

blue for get me not, crown wet crown dry does good either way, groom mid summer it gets straggly, low growers
DSC06852.JPG

creeping jenny, in the pond, bog, ground, low grower
DSC06853.JPG

marsh willow, 12 inches tall or so, purple flowers, spreads by runners, in a plastic baggie by itself, I don't have a lot so just sent a sprig to each of you. Baby it and it will take off. i.e. keep from other plants overgrowing it.
DSC06855.JPG

misc stems roots etc tossed in, they could be water mint, penny wort, or other things. Let them grow if it is something you don't want toss. I like water mint, great nectar for the bees, late in the season.

All of the pulled plants are gone except a few pieces too yucky to send lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm so excited - thank you! I wish my pond had more dirt around it, rather than our stone patio...but I do have some areas and will get right to work! I'm also planning on a water garden:)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Even though the plants are small this is my bog in the fall of the year it was built

summer the next year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Addy thank you for all your hard work to share these plants!! And thank you for identifying each plant that will be a great help.
Cant wait to receive my goodie box!!! :D

Ask a Question