Wanted Bog plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know it is a little early in the season and thinning out plants is not top of mind lol. But maybe this will.move me up the wait list. I am in search bog plants. My goal is to pay it forward it or return the favor at some point once my bog is established. I love the plant deal concept but at this time I have nothing to swap. Of course I will cover shipping if anyone wants to contribute and I can get really good deals on blue iris locally so I can swap that but I would bet everyone already has it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IF we get Florida and Baltimore under control, then the bees, I might be able to get out there and yank a lot of plants out. I know I need to do a purge. It takes a bit of time which I am really short on right now. The only days we are home is if it snows.............

If no one else responds, send a tickle reminder in about two weeks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I would also offer, but I did a lot of thinning in the fall. Let me see how the bog looks once it wakes up and I'll let you know!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here's what I have growing in the bog today - want some?

algae.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Um forgive my ignorance but, what is it. Kinda looks like algae

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Um forgive my ignorance but, what is it. Kinda looks like algae

It's a rare and unusual life form. Hard to come by. You may never get this chance again!

Just kidding. You're right. Algae. The first thing that gets green in my pond every year! I welcome it, because I know it's doing what my plants aren't right now - removing excess nutrients from my water. We have different types of algae that appear in the pond at different times of the year. This one happens to announce "Spring is Here!"

You can see a bit of string algae there, too, if you're interested in any of that! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wheeew glad I was right. I will work hard to grow my own :).

Ask a Question