morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I see. I don't have a ledge like that, though. Mine drops straight down. I'm so far past my original budget that I can't do a big rework like that. The whole thing was pretty hard to level all the way around because my ground slopes pretty severely away from the house. The far side of the pond is actually about 3.5 above the ground. I don't have a pic of that.

Another option that is relatively low cost is to construct a "wall" inside your pond out of plastic milk crates, zipped-tied together up to the level of your desired edge. They're quite robust and will handle quite a bit of weight while giving you a platform upon which to stack your flat stones. I say milk crates because the commercially-produced matrix boxes are quite expensive. The smaller fish are able to get in and out of the crates, offering them protection. Steal....oops.....I mean "get" black crates. They blend in very well and once a biofilm builds up, they're virtually invisible, providing that you overhang your flat rocks to disguise the edge.

This is a great option for the "non-travelled" portion of the pond perimeter.

Disclaimer: I have never, and do not condone the pilfering of milk crates in any way shape or form.:whistle:

Ask a Question