"Bottled Bacteria"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have a 700 gallon Q tank with a eazypod filter. I never know when I'm going to buy a fish but I can have the
filter up and running in 4 days.
On my 14,000 gallon pond I treated for a fungal infection and forgot to bypass the filters and my ammonia went off the charts. I used cloram-x in the pond and in the filter Keeton Ki Nitrifier Revive.
4 days later It was good to go.
The only other product I would use is FritzZyme 7. I also don't sell it either.
OK, lets talk about what exactly "up and running" and "good to go" mean to you?
I read the White Paper study on that Kl Nitrifier product you mentioned, and their idea of "good to go" is more in the order of 22 - 28 days. A very thorough paper by the way. They even describe how they sterilized the water and materials before beginning the tests comparisons, which would be absolutely necessary to get any kind of meaningful results for this kind of experiment. The average ponder would likely never start with such a sterile beginning.

Fritzyme TurboStart 700 is the only way to go when seeding a new pond in a hurry ( 5 days ) ... when I rebuilt my pond 3 years ago. Quite amazing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It's all based on your pond size. It's a quart per 1280 gallons. Here's the link. You can watch the video in their facility. It is quite costly
as I bought a gallon. One important thing: If you go for it, you'll need to buy direct by calling. If you go to ( locate dealer ) you can get an old batch
re-dated depending on the dealers honesty. You can call for prices and info, etc. UV's must be off. It goes directly into filter. Is this for an outdoor freshwater pond? If so, it's the TurboStart 700.
http://www.fritzzyme.com/index.php?p=fritzzyme-turbostart

Reaction score
Fritzyme TurboStart 700 is the only way to go when seeding a new pond in a hurry ( 5 days ) ... when I rebuilt my pond 3 years ago. Quite amazing.
I suppose it would be the epitome of futility to ask you to describe exactly what you think this product did for your pond in 5 days? without getting answers like "good to go", "up and running", or "amazing".

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I suppose it would be the epitome of futility to ask you to describe exactly what you think this product did for your pond in 5 days? without getting answers like "good to go", "up and running", or "amazing".
:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States

Not at all. It's what it did for me, not my pond. It made my life easy. I was transitioning from a 20 year old pond to a new and larger pond. I changed everything. My koi were in a holding tank for 48 hours. With new water, I had several options. With new water, I could have used an ammonia binder for 4-6 weeks if I were to feed the fish or I could re-seed the new filter in 5 days. I took the latter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It's all based on your pond size. It's a quart per 1280 gallons. Here's the link. You can watch the video in their facility. It is quite costly
as I bought a gallon. One important thing: If you go for it, you'll need to buy direct by calling. If you go to ( locate dealer ) you can get an old batch
re-dated depending on the dealers honesty. You can call for prices and info, etc. UV's must be off. It goes directly into filter. Is this for an outdoor freshwater pond? If so, it's the TurboStart 700.
http://www.fritzzyme.com/index.php?p=fritzzyme-turbostart
WOW! Almost $300 a gallon. Keeton's KI Nitrifier Gel is $75.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
The stuff I put in my pond is free (comes out of the well) but some people pay as much as 4.2 cents a gallon if they buy it from the city... :ROFLMAO:

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The stuff I put in my pond is free (comes out of the well) but some people pay as much as 4.2 cents a gallon if they buy it from the city... :ROFLMAO:

In all fairness Marshall, the water out of your well has questionable content as regards bacteria (and chemicals) and like most well water is almost devoid of Oxygen.
The EPA has estimated that a full 86% of all wells in CONUS are polluted at some level.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
In all fairness Marshall, the water out of your well has questionable content as regards bacteria (and chemicals) and like most well water is almost devoid of Oxygen.
The EPA has estimated that a full 86% of all wells in CONUS are polluted at some level.
Technically I was just being a sarcastic asshole :sneaky: lol BUT, I agree well water is far from perfect and varies both from one location to another as well as varying from a single well depending on the water tables level, rainfall and load or volume being extracted from the well. Mine has a moderate level of dissolved minerals as well as an occasional amount of sulfur but the sulfur rarely gets concentrated enough to even show up in a test. I have a whole house filtration system though the filters all of my water at the point of entry to the house. It is a 28-GPM system with a UV steralizer that then goes through the Culligan 4 stage cartridge filtration system (2 carbon cylinders then a two stage system that removes dirt, several hard water minerals and other solids. As far as oxygen goes you are right that well water does not have alot in it but I really don't worry about that because of the cavitation system as well as forced air system that oxygenates the pond around the clock.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
So your saying your well water is full of bacteria?
No. I am saying my pond and the koi produce all the bacteria needed to maintain a viable habitat. Think about lakes or natural ponds, they support fish, plants & other critters but no one adds and thing to them. I'm not saying that I pour well water into the pond and voila it has bacteria but all I have to do is add the water and my bio-filtration system and the koi quickly begin to produce the colonies of bacteria that are needed. The only time I ever intervene is if I get a major algae outbreak which I will treat with an algaecide but only after giving the pond a few days to rebound on its own.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States

Two completely different animals but yes, super expensive.

Two completely different animals but yes, super expensive. Also, on Keeton's site, they don't tell you what kind of bacteria as where
Fritzzyme is specific in saying it is NitroBacter and NitroSonamas. For a one time fix, it was worth speeding up the process as my koi
weren't newbies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have nothing to say about Fritz Turbo I've never used it but know people that have and they were very satisfied with their results. My concern was the price.
KI Nitrifier cost me $75.

Ask a Question