Bought a house with a pond. Total Noob...

Reaction score
Here is a current picture of it before I did a backwash.

Only the lowest stream is running (directly below tree about 8 feet)

Upper streams are dry.

Attachments

• HalfRunning.jpg
    HalfRunning.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 345
Reaction score
Here it is after a 60 second backwash.

Upper stream on the left side is running well (to right of cheesy pink bird, talk to the wife)

Lower stream is running well.

Upper right stream is dry. To the right of the tree up top.

Sorry for the picture quality.

Attachments

• FullRunning.jpg
    FullRunning.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 324
Reaction score
Think it works out to 250-300 gallons.

Wow, I did not know my camera did video. Thanks.

It doesn't seem to want to upload an .avi file. Any other way I can get it to you?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you know the only concern i would really have with that much rock run on the falls is evaporation...in the heat and sun of summer, your water loss may be a bit much.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
you know the only concern i would really have with that much rock run on the falls is evaporation...in the heat and sun of summer, your water loss may be a bit much.

Yep, guess I'm gonna find out. Just moved into this house. Fortunately, Oregon doesn't get crazy hot, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The sound is hypnotic and I hope you can hear it from your bedroom window as it would be a real dream maker
sleep22.gif

Reaction score
j.w said:
The sound is hypnotic and I hope you can hear it from your bedroom window as it would be a real dream maker
sleep22.gif

It's right outside the bedroom window. The previous owner who designed and built this seemed to really do a good job. As soon as I walked into the backyard and heard and saw this I pretty much decided to buy this house right then.

He had it stocked with Koi, which he took to his new place. That is what we are trying to get to the point of, cleaned up and ready for fish. So many leaves this winter, in every little crook and cravis of that pond hillside. Figure in the fall we are going to cover the entire thing with a couple of RV tarps while the big trees above dump their leaves. Then cleanup should be ok. Unless anyone has any better ideas.

Ask a Question