Bought a house with a pond. Total Noob...

Reaction score
DoDad said:
Just my guess it's the laterals in the filter that are getting plugged. Those little black snails are notorious for that. Looks like a filter tear down to me.
Can you see anything coming out as you backwash it?

If I lose the water pressure after running for an hour, a filter tear down?

Now the problem, I have no manual to tell me how to do a tear down. Evolution seems to have no website with any information. Is it easy to do? I am one of those types who will take something apart to see how it works/fix it, then "sometimes" never be able to get it back together again. Not sure I want to proceed blindly on this one.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Eugene_biker said:
If I lose the water pressure after running for an hour, a filter tear down?

Now the problem, I have no manual to tell me how to do a tear down. Evolution seems to have no website with any information. Is it easy to do? I am one of those types who will take something apart to see how it works/fix it, then "sometimes" never be able to get it back together again. Not sure I want to proceed blindly on this one.

Thanks.

Talked to the pond builder in my town. Think I am looking at an air leak in my pump or in my feeder hoses to the pump. He asked if the leaf filter basket would empty when I lost the water pressure and it sure does.

Off to find the leak.

Ask a Question