Bought A New Koi For The Pond Today

Reaction score
Just got back from the garden pond store. Picked up this 17" koi while I was there.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks Addy! I was in the store and he kept following me around. Every time I walked by he would stick his head out of the water. Probably just wanted to eat, but definately had to have him after that.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Did they say what kind it was? I'd love to see some shots of it from above. Nice colors! I love it's face! Not bad price for a fish that large and that well marked! That one will have a name!:)

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I've seen koi that sold that were not as big as Aggie and not nearly as nicely colored go for close to $500, More than once I might add.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze never knew they go for that much .I tried measuring Aggie today and the best I could get close to was 23 inches and she would not hold still for even that .I had to try bribing her with food . Bert is 20 inches long he was easier .

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have had more than one customer tell me they paid up to $2000 for a koi. Then they try to negotiate me down on a $60 koi. Maybe I should have asked for more.;)

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That is the human concept these days, We all do it, want a $50,000 car but will try to get it down to under $49,995. Want a $200 fish but will try and get it for $50. Maybe it's blame Ebay? LOL It's all about price and demand, What sells here for $200 may not bring $20 there if there are more places to get that SWEET deal. Here it's so limited and getting large fish is rare. Go where the farms are and they drop down in price but go up in quality. Seems weird but the key is finding what you want for the price your willing to pay, Or selling it for the best price you can get without holding on to it so long that you lose money when you do finally sell it.

Ask a Question