addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I got trap door snails from them, 100 of them, they sent more than 100 and they had babies on the way. I have ordered a few things form them no issues at all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I bought some plants this weekend, was tired of waiting for my lilies to grow... Spring is in full swing and everything is growing except my pond plants. Finally looks like I am winning the string algae battle as its not as green and healthy looking. My koi have eaten most of the algae on the deeper end as that is where they like to take cover.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Went to the pond shop over the weekend and got some plants :)

Variegated water celery, corkscrew rush, and large gray sedge. Never had any of these before so I hope they will do okay.

I also got some parrots feather, hornwort, water lettuce and water hyacinth (all of which I have had before)

Just by adding these to the pond it has made such a huge difference in how it looks.

And on another note, when I went out with the dogs this morning there was an awful lot of chasing going on in the pond.

I see your from Ohio. Where do you buy your pond plants? I was one of our local stores and they wanted $3.99 per water lettuce and hyacinth. I've been looking for a good online source for some of the plants you bought but not having much luck. I love the water celery and corkscrew rush but never planted them and want to try those this year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I go to Bremec Garden Center in Chesterland (I think they also have a Cleveland Hights location but not sure if they have the pond shop at that location) Really nice people and lot's to chose from :)

There is also a place in Independence called William Trickers. I have not been there but I placed an online order with them. Haven't received my stuff yet but I have heard good things about them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Our local Earl May garden center is getting $4.99 for a WH or W lettuce. They are the only place in town that sells them. Geez thats rediculous.
Going to have to drive an hour or so to find someplace that actually has some pond plants. And hopefully a little more reasonable for WH & WL.
I did break down and buy 3. My fish have been doing a little spawning and really not much to spawn in. Find them up in the opens spots in the shelf rocks etc.
So wanted to get something going with some dangling roots!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At the base of my stock tank, the non obedient obedience plant self grew. I left it for two reasons, it looks beautiful when it blooms and pretty when just green, it planted it self in the rocks along the edge. Two it has great roots hanging down into the water, any eggs fry tads, etc love the mass of roots.

Reaction score
Country
United States
haver, I'm not sure how much I paid for the water lettuce and the hyacinth but it was somewhere in the ball park of $3 a plant. I only get 3 of each type and I end up pulling tons of it from the pond during the summer. They both multiply like crazy in my pond.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So what type of plant is it addy?
obedience plant. real pretty purple flowers, about 3 foot tall.

DSC06434.JPG

Ask a Question