addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is one of my bog plants, which, grows in dirt, rocks along pond edge, in the bog, it does seed. Spreads by runners, the bees love the nectar.

I like the plant even when it is not blooming, it has a nice look. The picture was taken right at the base of the waterfall from the stock tank to the big pond, they seem to love that area. At the base of the stream water fall it is growing along with blue forgetmenot.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It is one of my bog plants, which, grows in dirt, rocks along pond edge, in the bog, it does seed. Spreads by runners, the bees love the nectar.

I like the plant even when it is not blooming, it has a nice look. The picture was taken right at the base of the waterfall from the stock tank to the big pond, they seem to love that area. At the base of the stream water fall it is growing along with blue forgetmenot.
Your Obedience plant you sent me is starting to grow very nicely. Hope it flowers this year.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol It will that stuff grows beautifully. That pictures were taken in early September, it starts blooming in august.

TgM

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6a
Country
United States
Bought some HT Rush & mini cattails a month ago, should I replant them and do I put them in kitty litter also w rocks on top?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My rush and cattails are in the bog, just stuck in rocks they do just fine and would do fine in kitty litter also

Reaction score
Country
United States
Snails arrived alive and well (they arrived in some nasty water)

026.JPG

022.JPG
004.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wanted to share some pics of the plants I got but I had to get off the computer last night (hubby needed it to study)

063.JPG
063.JPG
064.JPG
066.JPG

Sorry about the double picture. I tried to delete it but it showed up twice anyway :facepalm:

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice plants. I have some of the variegated water celery or is it parsley............I forget. Anyways a bit of it is coming back this year. I like that Corkscrew Rush stuff. I might need to find some of that someday. And is that Water Cress up there too? That won't come back for me after winter for some reason. I wish the Water Hyacinth liked it here but nope it does not. It's so pretty when it blooms.
Nice big fat snails you have there too :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank you!:)

The plant in the picture was sold to me as varigated water celery. I noticed it has already grown in the short time I have had it.

That is water cress. It was a bit droopy when it arrived but it already had some little white flowers on it. Really cool.

Water hyacinth has done well for me in the past. It multiplies like crazy but doesnt always have lots of blooms. Not sure why?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I heard of people taking out some of their Water Hyacinth and sticking it in a tub of water w/ more fertilizer in it and then sticking them back in the pond after awhile. They got more blooms that way.

Ask a Question