Building 10k gal Pond first one

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
hi welcome from whiskey, my pond only 2000 lts and runs gin clear on fishmate 15000filter uv/bio to gether with fishmate 15000bio for waterfall and skimmer, both are feed by 9000lts oase pumps.......in three years my new ponds are still clear i only backwash once a month plus i got most of my filters and pump off ebay....secondhand....but works fine. what litreage do you think your new pond will be?

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
yea i honestly think they look cheap to but cost is small if you look at my pics of my pond though how am i gonna filter this thingwith a 5 gal pale lol, so i need 10 5 gal pales mmmmmmmmm it seems this may take up alot of space

Well that thing is about the size of a 5 gallon bucket and you only want to use two of them. I can take picture of the inside of the one I have and show you what I mean. There was layers, one of bio balls, two of foam, one courser and one finer. You can do the same thing in a bucket.

There are also lots of great instuctions on how to build filters in the DIY section. (did I say that already, I probably did)

Reaction score
Well that thing is about the size of a 5 gallon bucket and you only want to use two of them. I can take picture of the inside of the one I have and show you what I mean. There was layers, one of bio balls, two of foam, one courser and one finer. You can do the same thing in a bucket.

There are also lots of great instuctions on how to build filters in the DIY section. (did I say that already, I probably did)
yea if you dont mind i looked up those skippy filter and yea they seem good but im gonna need prob 2 of the 150gal ones wich is big. I could get away with one for the waterfall area but made i could try a skimmer to that has MEDIA PAD in it?????????????????????? just throwing out a idea has anyone tried that. if i get close to the vol that the filters can handle ill try it i guess.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum
I run 3 - 55 gal doc filters on my 4500 gal pond
I never had a pressurised filter so no comment on that

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are planning a really nice pond. You may want to start a new thread under the pond construction threads.

Ask a Question