Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
roscogruen said:
if you can't do it, please ask an administrator of site. i've asked, but it appears this account remains active.

I'll remove all your subscriptions for you now manually :banghead3: They were set to "instant notification" but I have now disabled this for you.

Reaction score
Please remove all these BS posts in my thread and take it to the lounge and ban this roscfukogruen guy as he is an ass as shown in all his threads and his lack of respect and appreciation and clearly knows nothing about forums and needs to be spoon fed and still spits it up in your face. POS

Reaction score
Sorry about that, anyways mostly done cementing the inside.

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

Reaction score
Im thinking I need to return my tetra 1900 and get a tetra OFX2000 which consumes less energy, but I think it doesnt handle head as well so at the 2-3' of head it would have way less flow than the 1900, but Im not sure. max lift of the 1900 is stated at 192" or 16' and the OFX2000 is 6.8' and a GPH @ 2 ft. 1,325 and GPH @ 4 ft. 800 whereas I know the GPH of the 1900 is better. I have lets say 3' head and want like 1500-1700 gph at that height and the OFX2000 would give me less at like 1000gph. The 1900 is rated at 2 amps so like 220-240w. The OFX 2000 is 115w. So to get my flow I would need the OFX 3000 rated at GPH @ 2 ft. 2,450, GPH @ 4 ft. 2,000, GPH @ 6 ft.1,500, GPH @ 10 ft. 700. It is rated at 240w but the flow at 3’ is not ideal, but at the same consumption if I Ted off some of the flow to bypass the filter and go directly to the falls it could. I just like the fact that it collects debris better, but I think that is why it losses so much with head. It also costs a bit more from what I found, but on ebay for $230 shipped it is only like $70 more assuming it consumes the same amount of electricity it may be worth it. What do you think? Know where else could get one cheaper?

Would I have to T off cause at 2200gph on my 100 gal bucket it would be filled 22/hour or each gallon would be in there 2.7 minutes calculated with nothing in it so it would be even less really. Not long enough according to some post I’ve read, but another person says 3000gph is good for the 100gal. Just not sure how I would T off some of the flow and have it go directly to the waterfall. Maybe send it to the stream, but im just thinking it would be best to get 100% of the debri it collects into the bottom of my skippy filter or send it right back into the pond to be collected again, not have collect in the stream.

My smaller 550 at .45amps uses only 54w so I cant go to the OFX2000 there and im sure its not ideal for use in a fines filter anyways....what to do...

I got the info here
http://www.islandnet.com/~fountain/tetraofx.htm

Reaction score
Working on the waterfall weir. The idea was to bend this lip down and have it be part of the weir but I just cut it off and build welded the weir right to the inside of the hole. I used ½ HDPE and a urethane supply HT5000 welder that I got cheep on ebay. It’s a great welder with the fact that you can push the HDPE rods, that I had to order, thru the welder so they come out melted. I preheat the surfaces with a heat gun. To make the weir itself I beveled the sides with a sander, heated them and the bottom with the heat gun and pressed them together, than used the welder to fill in the gaps to insure it because one solid piece. Welding it to the bucket went fairly well, but it has to be 100% leak proof forever so I will go around and make sure it is perfect and strong and then test it before I install it.

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

Reaction score
The ponds almost ready for the liner. I wanted to get a few more gallons out of it so I dug out the back more to make it more of a rounded/square pond. It was going great until I hit a rock that took me days (nights) to get out. The problem is I could only dig out the front and then when I got it loose i still could not budge it because it had a V shape that was wedged down in the back of it. Finally figured out a way to get the wire wrapped around the tip of it and tied the comealong to a smaller brange of the tree using tie downs and poped it out then pulled it out. Cemented it all smooth once I cleaned it up.

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

Ask a Question