building a pond with cement?

Reaction score
is it ok to use cement
can anyone help me out
i will post a design of my pond as soon as i figure it out. i do not want to use a liner simply because of the cost

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
to do a concrete pond correctly,it will cost you more with the rebar,additives,and such. and you have to do it ALL in one pour, to do it right, is this something you can handle?..........i'd stick with the liner!!!

Reaction score
I would hire a professional, from what I have read/seen it is a serious undertaking. I have a liner since I did it myself but would love to have a cement/fiberglass pond. Also, I would think being in Michigan with the cold you would have to be extra careful to prepare the structure against cracking.

How deep, wide, long were you planning on making it?

Post some photos of the process if you go for it!

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
hes in California..... but yes i would have it done also if i was to do it formed, rebared. and gunite sprayed.

Duh, I have to learn to read. sorry about that. But there isn't a big difference in weather between the two :icon_mrgreen:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
A 45 mil linner is realy your best choice,,use some cement to make a perfect level edge,,if you do it in 2 steps you will hide your liner,and enjoy the new pond much more

Ask a Question