Built small water feature

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I built a small water feature on the edge of my pond. I did this hopefully for the hummingbirds. The steam is a little to fast for them. I made a 2" pocket on the top of the stone with a 5/8 hole drilled thru the stone for the 1/2 tube I used for the plumbing. I put a small pump in my skimmer and ran the 1/2 hose from the rock to the pump. I believe it's a 100gph pump but I reduced that a bit. Most likely 80gph. I tilted it just a bit so it drips into the pond a bit, this is so there is a gentle run off for the hummingbirds. it is on the opposite side of the pond that the stream is at.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
What a great idea! I'm sure you know about plants hummingbirds like, or have feeders.. Tell the big frogs to stay away from that area - lol :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What a great idea! I'm sure you know about plants hummingbirds like, or have feeders.. Tell the big frogs to stay away from that area - lol :)
Hopefully frogzilla will not find it ;) I get lots of hummingbirds at the feeders and plants, hoping for the water now. Last year I used the hose on spray and one landed on the stone bench we have and loved the bath I was giving it.

Ask a Question