addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use a lot of kitty clay, every plant is planted in it. I have never worried about the dust that floats out. My pond system must like it, my water stays in great shape.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I use a lot of kitty clay, every plant is planted in it. I have never worried about the dust that floats out. My pond system must like it, my water stays in great shape.
So, do you use only straight kitty clay for your plants or a mixture of clay and soil?
I've always used only soil with rocks on top. I try to use mostly the clay type soil found on my property underneath the top soil, but it usually ends up a mixture of both.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So, do you use only straight kitty clay for your plants or a mixture of clay and soil?
I've always used only soil with rocks on top. I try to use mostly the clay type soil found on my property underneath the top soil, but it usually ends up a mixture of both.

I just use kitty litter, with a few rocks on top to keep the tubers in place until the litter gets a bit solid. When you first re-pot and put it in the water, the litter is a bit loose and the tubers sometimes end up floating.

Ask a Question