Can a BOG be integrated with a STREAM?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
There are basically two (2) types of pools associated with a stream or waterfall.....a 'scour' pool which is at the base of waterfalls and cascades and also following riffles is formed by the 'scouring' of the bottom by the force of the falling water in the former and the turbulent water in the latter.
I built a pool under the waterfall that is oval shaped approx 2 feet at the widest part by 15" deep. Should I place stones into the pool? If yes how much of the pool should be filled with stone?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I built a pool under the waterfall that is oval shaped approx 2 feet at the widest part by 15" deep. Should I place stones into the pool? If yes how much of the pool should be filled with stone?

In Nature this is usually smooth rock. I would leave it bare liner in order to minimize splashing and also to impart a more natural sound.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My small bog above my falls is an upflow and a flow through bog. I have PVC under the gravel with a two inch hose pumping water through it. I also have a couple skippy filters behind it with the outlets flowing into the top of the bog. You can di it you just need multiple outlet pipes from your pump or pumps. One pushing water to the waterfall and one pushing water under your bog.

DSCN0069.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
My small bog above my falls is an upflow and a flow through bog. I have PVC under the gravel with a two inch hose pumping water through it. I also have a couple skippy filters behind it with the outlets flowing into the top of the bog. You can di it you just need multiple outlet pipes from your pump or pumps. One pushing water to the waterfall and one pushing water under your bog.
your bog and waterfall looks awesome. Thanks for the input. I have a 100 gal stock tank that I fill with yellow flag iris and water hyacincth. The water flows back to the pond with multilpe pvc pipes creating a waterfall. With that set up I was planning to incorpate the bog into the stream as Meyer discribed. Then I dug a 5 x 2 x1,5 hole for a bog along side the stream . BUT couldnt get the liner to sit in it without losing a lot of space due to folds. Sooo at this time I am scrapping the bog to complete the pond, waterfall and stream .

Ask a Question