Can I ask for non-pond related prayers here?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hey guys and gals --
My Mom is close to 80 and broke her femur in a fender bender. Hates doctors and is terrified of medical stuff. Accident happened mid September and resulted in a chunk busting out of the bone. Her reconstruction involved screws and plates and pins. 2 1/2 weeks in a hospital (remember the woman HATES medical anything.) I flew up to help them for 5 days and expected to come back home after, leaving her on the mend.

Her follow up appointment was awful. Something shifted immediately after the surgery and it's healing wrong. Leg still very swollen and painful. Now she has to go back into surgery and start all over. This is just terrible for anyone and it's devastating for her. They are in a rural community. No family around. Both pushing 80. I will plan to go back up after this next surgery to do what I can but it's not enough. I have one applying to colleges and scholarships with critical deadlines. Another younger child who needs me for transportation and other stuff.

Just feeling like I may explode -- needing to be two completely different people so I can be in two completely different places.

Prayers please for an excellent second surgery with complete healing -- best case scenario with whatever the surgeon finds when they open her back up. Sorry to be Debbie Downer but I am being shameless in begging for some prayers!

Thanks, everyone.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sending you some!
Wish her the best, fast and speedy recovery.

Could she come down to you for recovery?

I had my dad at my house in Arizona for months after open heart surgery, that happened while he was visiting me. He too, hated doctors and refused to get his chest pain checked out. I made him go while visiting me, next thing he had was emergency surgery. It was hard to have him and mom, around for months, not the easiest patient.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
You have my prayers for a successful second surgery and complete healing!

I'm going through something similar, as my 87 year old uncle ( who never married, or had children ) fell and broke his hip. I was with him for 8 days in IN, as he had surgery and got settled in rehab. Not sure what the next step will be....and he's stubborn.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Wishing your mom, AND YOU, all the best. Will remember you both in my prayers.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
God bless her .My Aunt Johanne in Florida broke her hip and biggest threat is another fall after surgery .Because of neglect at the rehab center she fell again and did not survive the second surgery . So be careful with the rehab center you pick .Aunt JO did have heart problems but was in decent health and was 67 years old and her birthday was yesterday in heaven with her hubby

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sending prayers to your mom on healing right this time and to you and your family to be strong for her. God is w/you always.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey guys and gals --
My Mom is close to 80 and broke her femur in a fender bender. Hates doctors and is terrified of medical stuff. Accident happened mid September and resulted in a chunk busting out of the bone. Her reconstruction involved screws and plates and pins. 2 1/2 weeks in a hospital (remember the woman HATES medical anything.) I flew up to help them for 5 days and expected to come back home after, leaving her on the mend.

Her follow up appointment was awful. Something shifted immediately after the surgery and it's healing wrong. Leg still very swollen and painful. Now she has to go back into surgery and start all over. This is just terrible for anyone and it's devastating for her. They are in a rural community. No family around. Both pushing 80. I will plan to go back up after this next surgery to do what I can but it's not enough. I have one applying to colleges and scholarships with critical deadlines. Another younger child who needs me for transportation and other stuff.

Just feeling like I may explode -- needing to be two completely different people so I can be in two completely different places.

Prayers please for an excellent second surgery with complete healing -- best case scenario with whatever the surgeon finds when they open her back up. Sorry to be Debbie Downer but I am being shameless in begging for some prayers!

Thanks, everyone.
I will send Reiki to her tonight after work
smhealing.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Thanks all! My parents are 12 hours away, so it is difficult. They are both totally competent and in charge of their own stuff, so we haven't crossed that line of adult child involvement, other than me wanting to help out as I can. The surgeon is supposed to be great. I appreciate all the prayers!!!!!!

Ask a Question