Can I see your least obtrusive pond net pictures?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
I Bought one of those but, unfortunately , it didn't keep the racoons away.
Fishie, I haven’t any problems with raccoons or really any four legged critters, they drink water but no eating the fish. Herons and hawks come by but they have been unsuccessful.

Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Fishie, I haven’t any problems with raccoons or really any four legged critters, they drink water but no eating the fish. Herons and hawks come by but they have been unsuccessful.
You are lucky. I had a big white Egret steal most my fish in my first pond over the course of 3 days, many years ago, which is why I then netted it. Originally, the net had a small gap under the larger waterfall that I used to have and a few years ago a racoon managed to get a fish through that small gap twice so I recently removed the large waterfall during a backyard reno and put just a small waterfall instead and now the net can completely cover the pond and keep all the critters out. I built the front pond last year thinking having little minnows in it would not be a problem - I was wrong. Our resident Hawk did come drink but didn't bother the minnows but once the racoons discovered them it was an almost daily loss of fish and those coons were tearing up everything and moving the rocks around and, being as this pond has a flexible liner, I was worried they would put a hole in the liner with their claws. So, I ended up building my 3rd pond, in my backyard, for the minnows and just left the front pond as a wildlife pond so the critters can come and drink but there is nothing they can kill.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The herons found my pond quickly. 3 years of battle, fishing line, alligator heads etc. They came everyday. Finally a wide weave net. One Heron did learn to push it up and out of the way. Had to anchor those areas.

They still come and sit on the old maple and look for a way in.

Ask a Question