Can you help a newbie please?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
that shoud be good ...2 parts usually means epoxy....i use a liner.. no paint,because no concrete, a hole and 45 mil epdm liner, dont get me wong your pond looks good...your just gonna have a real hard time keeping it looking good with the blue

Reaction score
well i wouldn't have gone with the blue either but it sure is nice that you will be able to see your fish now not all the muck. can you post some pictures of how the inside of the filter is set up as well. i wonder how easy its going to be to keep it clean. i didn't really see a bottom drain in the pond either. where is the water sucked in the the filtering system?

Reaction score
jason081180 said:
i didn't really see a bottom drain in the pond either. where is the water sucked in the the filtering system?

There was / is no bottom drain, and the filter is pump fed first through the UV's and then into the top of the filter drum via a spray bar.

Filter has gause pads, then brushes and then a large bag of rock.

Reaction score
with out a bottom drain its going to be hard to keep clean. with a black liner you can get away with vacuuming it about one or twice a year. with your blue paint, you will be able to see everything so you might have to do it monthly to keep it looking good. now it looks like a pool and just like a pool you will be able to see everything on the bottom.

so its a submersible pump? take out the rocks. they hardly do anything in a filter. you would want to replace them with some strapping like koikeepr used in her new filter or even kitchen scrubby pads work good. anything with lots of surface area. rocks just dont work. i would think the brushes should be first like they are in a skimmer to get the big stuff out. then the pads and lastly the bio media or strapping. the pads that are in there- could you replace them?

Ask a Question