Newbie with a pond please help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok the top left pic the one I pointing at leads to the top right pic I do believe that's the pump and the bottom right pic the white tube is where the water comes out on top of my waterfall now on the top left pic there is a black hose that goes in the ground and the other half is shown on the bottom left pic and does nothing now on the top of my waterfall where that White Hose comes out there's a black bar with holes in it what is this? And what is that hose going into the ground
2016-04-08_00.20.29.jpg

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
No idea. Usually you will have a pump that goes to a filter that then goes back into the pond usually via waterfall. The black tube with the holes could be what used to be a bog filter, that is the set up for my bog, but I don't know. Is that the only pump you have? And what is wrapped around it? it looks like a blue tarp?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think the stuff wrapped around the pump is like a prefilter but to me for some reason looks like bubble wrap .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group.

Could you take photos of the entire pond, then the areas where the pump etc is? It is hard to tell what you are looking at. Daylight photos will help to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I you google the name on the pump label and its part number, you can probably find an instruction manual for it online, that might detail the configuration for the pipes and parts

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So the hose that comes out of the pump goes into the ground, and then you have another hose that comes out of the ground and flows back into the pond? Is that what I'm seeing?
If I had to guess I would say that at some point the hose going to nothing was attached to the white hose which could have been attached to the long black pipe with the holes cut in it. That is a way to set up a bog area.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the hose that comes out of the pump goes into the ground, and then you have another hose that comes out of the ground and flows back into the pond? Is that what I'm seeing?
If I had to guess I would say that at some point the hose going to nothing was attached to the white hose which could have been attached to the long black pipe with the holes cut in it. That is a way to set up a bog area.
The utility pump goes into the ground and comes out of the clearish tube

Now the black hose that is by the pump does nothing there is no water goes in the water comes out it's just there

Reaction score
Country
United States

The big black bar on top of the waterfall has holes all in it

Ask a Question