sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They are made of window screening and I sew them with fishing line and leave a tail that the rock behind it is sitting on .The tail is the part that goes under the rock to keep it up out of the water a ways

Attachments

• plant pockets 027.JPG
    plant pockets 027.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 438
  • plant pockets 023.JPG
    plant pockets 023.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 410

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This way if you make that tail long enough you can raise or lower it in the pond .I got the idea of a pond that had plant bags hanging off the sides at lowes

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
TM here is one i made for my new tropical, it is light weight so the pvc is not below water. To get it below water I just need to add some rocks to the oil pan. the two with the hardies in you can't see the frame, the lily to the top of the photo is in a frame

DSC04134.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Way cool, Addy, thanks. I just have to get around to making a couple -- I have all the pieces. It's just been so hot -- this weather has zapped my motivation.

Sissy, I really like those hanging planters. Something like that would be nice to try. Would help me utilize the sides. in the pic, is that what you saw at LOWES?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep and thought it was pretty neat pond .Addy I guess if you use the black abs it would show up less ,so you just have those wires tied to the planter that you have the lily in .I tried to find similar plant bags that hung like the one in that pond but could not find them any where .So had to improvise and had window screening so figured I would give it a try .I put the plants in a pot and hung the bag and slid the pot down in and then just adjusted how far down in the water I wanted it to sit .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat addy. I couldn't see your big photo of the lotus in the plant holder. All it said was posted image and then I had to click on that and then when I unclicked it the photo was there. Must be what Becky was talking about in that other post w/ large photo's slowing stuff down. I've been having that problem lately w/ it saying posted image and no photo on peeps posts where there should have been one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had no problem it was right there when I looked at this posting ,maybe it was already done when I looked .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have been having problems for days now w/ just seeing the typed out letters saying "posted image" and then after a long time it will all of a sudden show up and so on it goes. Maybe it's just my old computer :sad: I'll have to see if it does it on my newer notebook pc w/ win 7 on it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is the processing speed jw and your internet connection. When we are using the virgin hot spot the posts with photos do the same thing to me. Down there we have a 4g connection but it still takes a hit loading. I use photobucket to add them, maybe it would be better to just attach the photos, they are smaller then and you can click to see it large if you want to

Sissy, once I am done with the floating lily holder it is floating below water so you don't even see it. Using pvc we have laying around rather than buying new black stuff and it gets a layer of green stuff on it over time. I drilled holes in the edge of the oil pan, just used some electric wire to attach it to the frame.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep I have century link and the speed I get is there best and only 19.99 a month with phone service .I thought that was coated wire like I cut off my ceiling fans before i installed them and I kept all the long tails of wire I cut off .I may have to try that but with my lotus .I just got done planting 12 of packet one for the nursery owner and he wanted 2 plants in each pot .I will be started packet 2 next .I'm not sure what kind each is but guessing I will find out .I planted them in the concrete mixing tub for now since it is shallow enough for them .I had a lot of pipe left from when the house plumbing was done and going to finally put a toilet and sink in the basement ,figure it would be good to have a bathroom down there when I am working and since it is plumbed part of the way why not .So guessing I will look in the box to see what i have and don't have .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I save cut wire just for thinks like this. and piece of pvc and all other type stuff...........then do a purge of anything not important, which means i keep most of the stuff.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have been having problems for days now w/ just seeing the typed out letters saying "posted image" and then after a long time it will all of a sudden show up and so on it goes. Maybe it's just my old computer :sad: I'll have to see if it does it on my newer notebook pc w/ win 7 on it.

It's probably that darn whale you have jumping around that is slowing your computer... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

orcas6.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep you save stuff that is the never know when i will need it pile .I got a lot of stuff from my son also extra stuff and pieces of pipe he did not use for jobs and he kept throwing them in a box that said moms junk ,I loved it when he brought it over ,i was like a kid in a candy store :razz: .Anything and everything in the box from pipe to washers and i have made use of a lot of the stuff for this or that .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You picking on my poor whale again Tmann? I'll have to send sissy's little pee wee after ya if ya don't behave :pissed:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh he is a real killer :razz: Scare you so bad you will hurt yourself laughing .Serves you right tmann

Ask a Question