Cat pee on mattress. Help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Bummer JB. Why dont those things happen to the old stuff! Sorry I dont have any additional advise for the clean up than whats been mentioned. I do not have a house cat but have had outside cats. Definitely a strong and distinctive smell. Hope your kitty doesn't do it again. Would sure put a waterproof mattress cover on once you get it cleaned up.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
JB- hope I didn't come off as siding with the cat! Just cleaned up kitty puke off my love seat ( slip cover still on). Definitely invest in a good waterproof cover.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I ended up getting the smell about 85% out, but it was still there. Today I bought some product, it looks to be working. It got the stain out instantly, and I don't smell urine right now, so I'll see what happens as the produce smell wears off.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What product did you get, we need to know if it works in case of future incidents @jbt

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Try Natures miracle can get at any pet shop. If your cat starts urinating outside his litter box you might want your vet to check him out. A couple of medical problems can cause this

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I agree with Nyboy emphatically; typically, males are the problem re bladder stones that plug up the urethra but females also can have this issue. The crystals make it painful for the cat to urinate and they often go wherever they are. Also, cats have great sense of smell and even though YOU don't smell it doesn't mean they don't. I'd cordon off your bedroom and break any habit before one gets started. And lastly, the smell will be more noticeable to both you and your cat(s) during humid periods. Even though I figured I lifted all the carpet and oil-painted the subfloor, replaced said carpets, when spring came around, somehow somewhere the urine smell came back. So, it's definitely a problem you want to nip in the bud as soon as possible. If your cat has medical issues, besides her health, the problem might persist if left unattended as well as become a behavior you don't want repeated.

Michael

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What product did you get, we need to know if it works in case of future incidents @jbt

I'll let you know the results after some time. We'll see if the smell returns.
81R6w.jpg

Ask a Question