Cats and ponds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I've had a piece blown in, though there wasn't much other debris. I was in the prosess of relocating my fountain pump away from the lilies as advised on other forums, then this unusual looking object popped up, when I netted it, I was pretty shocked, and wondered if it contributed to the lilies flying up from the one planter, 10 pads up n two more on the way, Must get another water sample, nitrates must be getting high?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No. That's pretty strange if you ask me.

I see stray cats drink the pond and bog water, but never pooping in them.
Maybe from another animal ? Or did you see kitty pooping?
Well, It was about the size of a tawny owl pellet but I bet that would have floated from the off but I'm not sure, installing an inflared camera seems appealing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Go away internet troll . go to facebook where your owl terd may get a chuckle

This person just joined folks it's BS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Go away internet troll . go to facebook where your owl terd may get a chuckle

This person just joined folks it's BS
Go away lol, charming, you sound like a troll, Facebook is your domain I trust, are you racist too, chuckle chuckle,

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hopefully I won't also be called a troll and sent away for being new, but I found this thread while googling how to keep cat from pooping in pond. There's a feral cat that hangs out in my backyard and I'm happy to have him there, but I have seen him skulking around the foliage outside of the pond and have seen the evidence when I clean the pond. Looks like this is new to most folks, though I'd love to hear if anyone has ideas for preventing this. Also thought I would validate G Massam since at least one other person has experienced this.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
G MASSAM here, not been posting for a while, but my fish are all safe and well at present. I have something to add that may ease some suspicious poops in our ponds Kerri . After chatting to an old friend about the crap that some birds leave behind, he informed me of the surprising amount of swell in the size of some wood pigeon poop when it gets wet which probably accounted for the one I've scooped out of my pond. But I'm surprised I ain't had many more concidering the many visitors (^o^)

Ask a Question