sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
In Florida there may not be many freezes and mine has been through 11 years of freezing .I have some of the solid rubber hose and had it blow out and glad it was just in my stock tank .Well it actually split .But at least the split was inside the stock tank .For the 10 dollars I spent I have gotten 11 years out of it .So I am happy .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
sissy said:
Not sure people know just how sturdy sump pump hose is .
Sissy, how do you connect the sump pump hose to everything? What fittings do you use? Right now I'm using that corrugated stuff, but am planning to switch to flex PVC. With the corrugated stuff, my main problem has been getting FITTINGS that work reliably. So, with flex PVC I'll be able to use regular PVC fittings.

Maybe, if sump tubing is easy to connect, I might reconsider. Flex PVC is pretty expensive, if there is an alternative....? I'm using 1 1/2"

And BTW, we had a little freeze a few weeks ago and I tried to pull up a section of the corrugated tubing -- part of it was frozen to the side and it [tubing, not pond liner] just broke and ripped all apart. So, maybe it would have survived if I'd left it alone, but over time.... Gotta wonder. And Jason IS in Florida.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just use hose clamps on pvc fittings The pvc fittings fit right inside the hose .I just roughen up the pvc fitting with sand paper and tighten hose clamp down as tight as I can .I do use stainless steel clamps in the water .I have a 4 way T pvc fitting on my pump and it has been on there 4 over 5 years now and even with me pulling the pump in to clean it it has not come loose .My sump pump hose always gets frozen in ice in the winter at the edge of the pond and in the water fall .I will take pics to show .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pvc T fitting with hose connections .It has pieces of pvc pipe inside the T and the hoses are clamp on over them.I pulled 1 of a little so you could see the pipe inside the T.I know that hose is expensive that is used on pond I priced it out .I could buy a new dishwasher for what that hose costs and figured I could not afford to put that kind of money out now with all my hubbies medical bills that insurance does not pay .The deductable gets you

Attachments

• pump and hose connectors 009.JPG
    pump and hose connectors 009.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 286
  • pump and hose connectors 011.JPG
    pump and hose connectors 011.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 302
  • pump and hose connectors 001.JPG
    pump and hose connectors 001.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 280
  • pump and hose connectors 011.JPG
    pump and hose connectors 011.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 250
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
COOL! I will use that then, Probably 1-1/4" Is what I will use for the sump hose! That corrugated crap punctures too easy between the PVC Ribs. Is the inside of that Hose ribbed Sissy?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Same as the out side but since it is black nothing seems to build up ,but the riibs are not very big

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Just bought 25ft of 1-1/4" for $10 at Lowes! Thanks a lot for the tip Sissy :) The Grey 1-1/4 barb fittings they carry too work perfectly for it.

Mathis, Im using it for my upcoming pond build as Im straying away from 1/2" and 3/4" tubing and going 1" and 1-1/4" for more flow.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
For a starter hose to save money it works great .Seems mine has turned into a permanent hose ,those other hoses are out of my budget .I use a ball valve on the end that goes in my filters this way I can turn the water down in the filters during the winter and let it go out into the hose in the pond during the winter .It fits right over pvc pipe .
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:61982]

Ask a Question