Chinese hi finned shark fish

Is this fish appropiate to keep in pond in British climate of size 5m × 4m??

• Not really, too many complications

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Ireland
This fish is very nice. It can grow quite large. It is very hardy to cold temperatures. It will eat lots of algae. It dosent mind living in solidarity or in a pair or 3!, growth can be kept in check with pond size to a certain extent and I could always sell one on if they became big enough. They live for 10 years if cared for properly.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The fish travels in shoals, meaning 3 plus. you wouldn't be able to keep one thriving alone. Water parameters need to be spick and span for them as well, hard to do in a pond which is why they are coldwater aquarium fish. and also they get up to 20 years old to 25 not 10.

If done right, can thrive in a pond.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Ireland
Probably not suitable for temperate zone here, dont think ill even keep a tetra at this zone

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Ireland
The fish travels in shoals, meaning 3 plus. you wouldn't be able to keep one thriving alone. Water parameters need to be spick and span for them as well, hard to do in a pond which is why they are coldwater aquarium fish. and also they get up to 20 years old to 25 not 10.

If done right, can thrive in a pond.
They look great especcially in group. Probably not enough water in my case certainly not to keep one or two small ones happy enough

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
When you plan on getting a fish, its like having a child, for the long run not for a day or two.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Mine lived 8 months and died when a spray killed several of my fish. I was sad to see it go, it was certainly growing.

It liked to sit on new lily pad leaves underwater.

Ask a Question