choosing a design theme for pond

Reaction score
I started out with what I thought I wanted from the pond. BUT I'm a slow mover, mostly because I didn't know what the next step was (hadn't found this forum yet). So my pond evolved. I realized I was out there every morning with my coffee, so a small deck was build. Then suddenly my parents and sister started showing up the afternoon to watch the fish eating, so I expanded the deck ...... I had a waterfall idea in mind, BUT my hubby (and his rock obsession) found three totally AMAZING rocks - so that plan changed to accommodate the new rocks.

So, yes, I started out with a plan and it modified to suit life around the pond.

I guess I'm doing things backwards though, most people finish their pond before adding fish, but I couldn't wait. I know the procrastinator I am ...... this pond could be a year or more before I hide the liner. Lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I started with a pond ended up with rocks and gardens everywhere. Very few people see it, but we love it and the wildlife it brings into our life

Show us the amazing rocks! I love rocks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Wait haver the more flower beds the less you have of the grass so should take less time.........................just get rid of all the grass and have only flower beds w/ paths through them............how neat would that be?
I would love to have at least an area like that JW. Might have to work on that one. But not sure I have time to do it now as I have too much work to do to the pond. :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I never really planned out my ponds, many years ago I started with just one small pond, and over the twenty years it just "evolved" into a beautiful garden, where me and the hubby and all my friends can gather and relax in the summer sun! :)

Ask a Question