Cinder block

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
will putting cinder blocks effect water quality? I know I asked this in another forum but thought different people would read different forums sorry for the double post if it doesn’t work that way

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Concrete cinder blocks are actually recommended to separate a bog from the pond when they are both inside the same liner. So no ... but the edges can slice a liner easily if not careful but a simple cup stone on a grinder or even rubbing a brick or stone over the edges with some elbow grease you can make them user friendly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Concrete cinder blocks are actually recommended to separate a bog from the pond when they are both inside the same liner. So no ... but the edges can slice a liner easily if not careful but a simple cup stone on a grinder or even rubbing a brick or stone over the edges with some elbow grease you can make them user friendly

Agree with the sharp edges from the cinder block. I use cinder block as my walls and I can relate to the sharp edges. Be careful using cinder block. Also consider the weight of the block as well - it's pretty heavy so I wouldn't recommend stacking them on top of each other either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I used cement blocks to support a water feature in the center of my pond. I measured a sharp spike in alkalinity later that afternoon. but next day it was back to normal. I padded the blocks with scrap EPDM liner material, and thin foam packing material to protect the liner from abraision by the blocks. I layed the blocks on their sides, to increase surface area on the liner. The fish love their new "hidey holes".

Ask a Question