clowdy water

Reaction score
hi all a water change the over day complety and i have noteits the water as startid to get clowdy agen and am not to sure y this is the reason y i did the water change in the 1st place can anybody help me thanks in advance

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Do a search for "new pond syndrome" or "fish tank and pond cycling"

This is a normal thing to happen when first starting up a pond or fishtank, you need to cycle the water. This is going to keep happening until you get your little ecosystem stablized. Don't keep emptying the pond and filling with new water, you're just starting the process over every time you do.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
If you completely drained the pond and refilled it.. yes, it is a new pond. You are pretty much starting over when you do that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Do you have city water and are you treating it first or do you have well water .Have you gotten a lot of rain or big changes in weather ,I know all those things can cause a problem

Reaction score
i havent had a problem doing any of what i have done in the past i do have a lilly plant that has sum clay pellits type fings that came with it it may be the fish bashing in it looking for food but I dont no

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my fish used too root up everything so that could be you answer right there.My fish would pull the whole plant out and make a mess

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They think it's playtime .I gave my fish a gravel and oyster shell basket and you should have seen them root through it ,they were literally fighting over it .There was 6 or 7 of them trying to get in at it and it was one of those plant baskets .

Ask a Question