color of pond landscape lights

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have bright White under my fountains. Not the rope type but they give the water a cool effect. One thing you have to hide the fixture and angle the light otherwise the light is harsh and intence and spoils the beauty. As Sissy stated Blue is also a cool color. It mimics moon light and dilutes the effects of the brights so it's not as harsh. I've got Halogen fixtures with Blue lenses in our stream. The Blue tint adds to the traqulity.

I saw a floating fountain with multicolored Led's. But light is only above water. You have a ring light or 2 Led lights under your fountain?

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
I saw a floating fountain with multicolored Led's. But light is only above water. You have a ring light or 2 Led lights under your fountain?
The fountain in my main pond uses 4 LED's. The fountain in the lagoon uses a single LED fixture. The fixture is included and built into the pump. The good thing is it attached via a threaded waterproof connector. I'ts easy to buy a 3 fixture light kit and use the lights on the pump and the single light used by the included transformer. They both use the same voltages and ampers.

Next year i'm getting started on a 10 Ft by 20Ft by 2.5 Ft deep pond. For this I plan to install a Kasco 1400 series. It uses Amber LED ring inside the float.

Note the picture In my pervious post was a pictures taken by someone who went to Disney Land.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I wish I was in the country, I would blow the water off my waterfall and fountain full blast. However must keep the noise in check for the neighbors! :LOL:

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Fountain dude! Lol. Hey what Have you done for in pond light? I hear some people light up the whole pond underwater? I think a light here and there like an accent light would do. I really like the multicolored flashing Led's.

My last pond I had two 20w halogens light up the fountain from under water. I like the cool looking effect it had on the fish as they swam through it.

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Fountain dude! Lol. Hey what Have you done for in pond light? I hear some people light up the whole pond underwater? I think a light here and there like an accent light would do. I really like the multicolored flashing Led's.

My last pond I had two 20w halogens light up the fountain from under water. I like the cool looking effect it had on the fish as they swam through it.
I use Lowes pond lights. Already sold submersible. But if your looking for color changing here's something of intrest http://www.atlanticfountains.com/PDFCut/LED25.pdf

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have decided for my pond.

5 LED Hi-intensity 3watt lights white lights for waterfall, 2 submerged.
1 LED HI-intensity 3 watt light white for island statue.
1 LED multicolored changing fountain light with pump.
1 LED multicolored changing 10 light mode settings underwater near gazebo.

8 LED .3 & .75 watt 12volt system landscaping lights for pond edge & gazebo, around waterfall. About 1 every 10 ft.

I will add more inpond lights and landscaping lights as needed, after trees and shrubs planted this fall or next year. As well as pond plants.

Thanks again for all ideas and suggestions.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat let us see them in action, that will be pretty.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
At my speed, those pics will be next year :question: , I hope not!

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That was 8) .75 watt and 3 watt LED landscape lights.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
My trench is dug finally. 18" deep x almost 40', ouch!

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Putting up lights today. What you think too many? lol

Attachments

• IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 261

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You sure with all those lights your neighbors will not complain .I know out where I live the only complaint I get is the cows mooing .I saw it on yahoo that the homeowners association had a meeting about one guy in there neighborhood with a noisy and to well lit pond and they fined him so he sold the house and bought in a non hoa .Said he moved the whole pond and payback was after the closing date was set he had noisy load parties every night and parked up the road .Guess it must have been funny to see .

Ask a Question