color of pond landscape lights

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
My mom has a neighbor that had 3 or 4 halogen floodlamps that lit up the whole yard and right into the bedroom window. Well she had that stopped. These will showcase the pond only.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I am a solar light-a-holic! I love them, and it's hard for me to leave Menards without buying at least one!
I have a set of 3 underwater lights under my waterfall outlet into the pond. I just bought 4 more individual underwater lights, but I'm pretty sure I can connect them one to the other, or at least that's my hope! Then just one transformer and eye. I want to put them along the water falling from the top to the bottom of the waterfall, and use the blue lenses. Usually if you buy the kits, they come with yellow, blue and maybe red lenses to put on them if you don't want the bright white. Someone else had them on the waterfall under each area when the water dropped to the next rocks, and in blue, and it looked really great. I got mine half price at Menards yesterday, don't have them put together yet, though.
I agree, I want to see some of those light lit up at night, especially the ones in the pond, and that floating fountain! How cool!

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Looks like your all set. I love those floating fountains. I saw one of those floating fountains a few years ago at the Texas State Fair at a garden show. My Kasco 1400 produces a similar effect. Can't wait to build the pond and install it. Wayne, when finished take lots of pictures. I love action shots. I can already tell your pond will inspire me. If my future pond does use some similar ideas from yours I will give you credit. Good luck.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Darn didn't get all finished.

I tested the floating fountain color LED 3 weeks ago and I'm in love for the 2nd time in my life lol. Simply too beautiful to look at.

CountryE, we thinking along the same lines. I have spot lights for the waterfall and around the waterfall. And enough lights to show the perimeter shape of the pond.

FountainDude, how about you inspire me to get the job done sooner. Yes lots of pics.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
All lights are up. I don't like the LED walkway lights as they warm white. I want some to match the waterfall which is cool whites. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, they look fantastic. Great job, Wayne!!!
In my humble opinion, the liner without the rocks on it that you don't like, looks "cleaner" than the rocks that are covering the rest. How do you keep all the silt from gathering around those rocks on the bottom? I would think after a few years, with dirt and debris blowing into the pond (the stuff that sinks, not the stuff that floats, as your skimmers will catch that) would accumulate and eventually turn into black mud. That stuff is very stinky and yucky. :) But, to each his own! Your design is really neat, and I love the island. Looks like you can easily walk across the shallow part to get there, so shouldn't be too hard to mess with.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks again, well when I went into the middle to place the fountain, there is no black mud. When I look into the deep part I see nothing covering the rocks and they are gravel. I'll know for sure when I drain and clean it, and then post results. The size of the pond and the good bacteria on the rocks take care of most of the waste I think. Anything that blows into the pond will float or semifloat. Skimmer will catch it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I think you have it all figured out! Once a pond is cycled, it seems like there is no gunk unless stuff blows in. I really don't have much on the bottom either. In fact, each time I've netted it the only stuff down there was like an algae matt, easy to remove. Thanks for correcting me. :)

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I wish I had it all down, then I wouldn't need to be on a forum asking 1000 questions lol

I also keep fish at a min rather then max the pond out. This helps tons to fight waste and disease. I have 50 in there but most are small size except koi, I think they grew triple size this year.

Do you have complete pond photos somewhere? I like your setup from what I can see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yeah, I have a thread, but it's not just pond photos, it's a bunch of questions along the way! My first pond dug last year is under "The Pond Dig Has Begun", I think under pond construction. The second pond I dug this past spring is also under pond construction (I think) and called "Country Escape's Second Pond - Goldfish Only" or something like that! If I'm wrong, I'll edit this once I can change screens and double check! Just skim through and view the photos, but I'll warn you, I took pictures of EVERYTHING and every step of the way, especially on the first pond. LOL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Pond and lights are done for this year. No more pics until I do the pond cleanout.

Working on sod and landscaping now, with maybe some trees, shrubs etc in before the snow!

Not sure about Y tube thing, probably not.

Ask a Question