Color questions....

Reaction score
So I was looking at ebay, and came across this fish...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1f01ec60

Is it listed with the correct color name? I have one like this, and several others that are VERY similar... I know the "kin" is yellow... what part of it's color or pattern makes it kikokuryu?

My butterfly most like this one has a similar doitsu scale pattern on its back, as well as the black back only extends part way down its sides... even the same coloration as the fins... Where mine is different is on its sides, it has a yellow stripe running the length of its body (both sides), that seperates the black from the white on the sides/belly and more white on its face...

My next question... imagine the same fish on ebay, but instead of the yellow, has orange in its place instead, still with the same scale pattern... what would it be called?

THEN, the same fish one more time, but instead of the doisu pattern, normal scales... what would it be called?

I tried to take a pic but it came out really blurred, so took a video instead. Not enough light for the colors to show well, but good enough to help answer my questions:) Will attach the blurry pic to identify the fish I am asking about, but I tried to follow it fairly well with the video and (s)he was in my hand a few times...

the click the big pic to play the video... it isnt displaying right on my end...

Attachments

• DSCN5250.JPG
    DSCN5250.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 231

Ask a Question