Concrete or liner?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Creating a seal that has any real watertight integrity may not be as easy as you may think, but it can be done.
I'm sure it will be tough but I plan to make it so I can decide the sides in the tunnel in case any seals come apart. Any ideas on good adhesives?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
can anyone here witness this? I didn't think this was even possible...nor possible to just think this way...!
Yea you might be right. I might want to change or expand again. But where my pond is I am land locked after I tunnel under the sidewalk.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
S nj here liner is fine My pond is 4' deep and only freezes on the top few inches where i don't have a heater or water running.

Attaching the liner to the tunnel maybe an issue.
I'm in south jersey too. Last year I didn't get to much ice. But it's only been a year since I've been a pond owner

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Too insure a valid seal, the liner must be clamped in addition ot using a sealant. As far as I know, the largest clamp available is 12" diameter. There is not an adhesive on the market that I would trust to be the sole method of attachment.

If you are planning on temporarily removing a section of sidewalk why not just have a stream flow underneath. Much easier to accomplish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Too insure a valid seal, the liner must be clamped in addition ot using a sealant. As far as I know, the largest clamp available is 12" diameter. There is not an adhesive on the market that I would trust to be the sole method of attachment.

If you are planning on temporarily removing a section of sidewalk why not just have a stream flow underneath. Much easier to accomplish.

That can be done with just a liner may need to re support the sidewalk. And re pour it.
Also side walks albeit patches are a full pour with surface joints for expansion and typically not a "tile"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm in south jersey too. Last year I didn't get to much ice. But it's only been a year since I've been a pond owner

Have my pond going 8 years with ice or snow not being an issue. Just that dam heron.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm lucky so far. I love right on a lake and see them flying around at the lake. But so far none have come to my pond. It may cause I have a dog or that my pond is right next to my house. Not really sure

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That can be done with just a liner may need to re support the sidewalk. And re pour it.
Also side walks albeit patches are a full pour with surface joints for expansion and typically not a "tile"
The pours on my side walk are actually tiles. One has settled some. And if the other one isn't I'll saw cut it and make it a tile. I'm a construction worker so that won't be hard

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

I have small children. So I'd rather have a concrete sidewalk with a stone wall on either side so they don't fall in the pond. Already had to pull my 3yr old boy out once

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm lucky so far. I love right on a lake and see them flying around at the lake. But so far none have come to my pond. It may cause I have a dog or that my pond is right next to my house. Not really sure

Dog is most likely as my pond is about 20' or so from house. My dogs don't free roam the yard as they all 3 can be escape artist left to there own time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The pours on my side walk are actually tiles. One has settled some. And if the other one isn't I'll saw cut it and make it a tile. I'm a construction worker so that won't be hard

May be do the stream with liner and look in to tempered glass or the sort to replace that one section? Add a little wow factor to walk over?

Ask a Question