Connecting a pump to my pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am about to connect a pump to my pond.

The inlet pipe will just connect to the pump's inlet.

The outflow pipe I think I need to raise it higher so it will not interfere with the opening and closing of the lid and strainer basket?

IMG-20201202-161256.jpg

IMG-20201202-161256-Copy.jpg

I am using a three way valve on the outflow side, so that I can connect a hose to evacuate the water from the pond if necessary.

IMG-20201202-161320.jpg

My first question is whether this three way valve can be connected in any direction? At first glance it doesn't seem like it matters which port goes in or out you can connect it whichever way is most convenient, is that right or is there a certain way it should be done?

My second question is if the three way valve should be connected like the way in my picture, where the handle rotates in a vertical plane. Or should I connect the valve after the 90, in that case the valve handle would rotate in a horizontal plane. Does it matter?

Reaction score
Country
United States
you putting a waterfall in? Or are you going to add a filter? I'd set up that three way for a backflush system.

Ask a Question