addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used a floating rope one time when I had hyacinths, now don't bother with them.

Reaction score
Since I didn't want to see anything except the plant I tied a piece of fishing line on the plant and put a heavy nut on the other end. This allows the plant to float around the pond much like a boat will float with an anchor. The shorter the line the less area it floats.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This looks terrific and it is exactly what I am looking for. What did you use for the 'hoop'? Is it a black garden hose?

1594487598705.gif
@Yodelayheewho

It's a black piece of tubing but not flimsy, sorta taught but still bendable. I think it's used as water pipe tube maybe. Then you need a snug plastic connector to shove in the end to attach to the other end so it does not leak in water. You can find those at hardware stores. The tube comes in different sizes and the larger tubing the better so fish can't just scoot or jump over it too easy.

water pipe tubing.jpg

Ask a Question