sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
water level in well may have to get back up to the pump and it is sucking air in with what little water is there .My well even though it is over 400 feet the water now starts around 200 feet and it works out better that way ,no air to be sucked in

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have never sucked air, no clue how deep the pump is or our well.

I have one hose that goes to the pond, it can only be turned on via a timer, therefore it can never be left on, longer than the time set on the timer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That's what I need, a timer on the faucet outside, that I have to turn that on to turn the water on. Will have to look into that. I usually set the timer on the stove in the house, and of course I forgot. I think of something, but by the time I get into the house, 15 seconds later, I have totally forgotten! My water table is so high where I live, and with all the rain we have had this spring, it's running good, so no chance to run out of water. I had water right away after shutting off the hose, in fact it never shut off in the house. But, you're right, I sure don't want to burn up a pump! MUST BE MORE CAREFUL ....
Tonight, I looked for over 30 minutes for the bolts for the windmill. I kept coming back to the dog shed, as that was the first placed I looked. I almost ALWAYS find things in the first place I look. Anyhow, it WAS in the dog shed, I had hung the bag on a nail on the wall. Go figure! Right in front of my nose, but I was focusing on the shelves, windowsill, etc. that the bag was laid down on, not hanging on the freaking wall! THEN, I needed to change out the drill bit, and could not find the chuck to change it! So, guess I need to buy one tomorrow. Sooo frustrating! I remember that chuck was attached to the cord for the drill, but it came off, and I put it somewhere .... yeah ... somewhere. Lord only knows where at this point! I'm terrible about not putting tools back where they belong, but getting better!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Dragonflies around my ponds seems to want to pose for pics. They don't necessarily pose in the direction I want them, but I take what I can get.
Dragonfly.JPG
Here are a couple of the 6 lotus seeds that sprouted and are growing in a very large pot outside. We shall see if they make it through the winter, or if I got seeds that are not winter hardy. May put the pot in the garage this winter, help them out since they are babies.
Lotus babies in large pot.JPG
The resident turtle, painted version, about 5-6" long, moved from the koi pond to the goldfish pond. He was a famished eater this morning. Now he's relaxing among the lilies.
Turtle in goldfish pond - Copy.JPGturtle is in goldfish pond this morning.JPG
And, here's what my one GA peach lily plant looks like that evidently got over fertilized! I must have put too much in the pot early, and then fertilized again about a month ago. Anyhow, the flower buds are having a heck of a time getting through that mass. No fertilizer last weekend. LOL
Over fertilized GA peach.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've seen a few dragons this year at my pond but now I think they are scared off by all this work going on around our house w/ getting ready to paint. Glad one only has to paint every 10 yrs or so. Maybe we will move to a shorter house before we have to paint again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
My Boston terrier almost waited until I got home from my last minute trip to UT for my daughter's spinal surgery (to remove the "hardware" that was put in place 4 years ago, after ATV accident). She had her puppies yesterday around noon, 2 boys and 1 girl. I got home at about 2:30 a.m. They are all brindles, so far darker than mom, who is a reverse brindle, red with black stripes. We shall see if they lighten up as they get older.
All 3 have collars and brindle.JPGFemale.JPGMale with 75% collar.JPGMale with full collar.JPGPuppies ... 2 boys on their sister.JPG

Ask a Question