Cover

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We built a dome shaped structure to hold our net over our pond. We used a simple lean to structure with long boards to cover it with a pool solar cover in the winter.

For the dome shaped structure we used long pieces of electrical conduit we put together and then secured them in the ground by slipping the conduit over rebar pieces we'd hammered into the ground.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
a cable spanning across the pond at the height you find the least obtrusive

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
If temporary, you can do what usually do for the Fall to prevent leaves from inundating my pond.
I use 3/4" pvc pipes and create bows across the width of the pond. I have one long piece down the middle lengthwise for the bows to attach to for rigidity. They are are connected where they intersect with PVC tee fittings.

I hammer fiberglass driveway marker sticks into the ground and slip the ends of the PVC over that so I can get a good bow shape.

I don't glue everything together, I use zippie (short self tapping) screws so I can dismantle it in the Spring.
I number each connection so I know how to put it back together next year.
The nylon net goes over that.
Hope this makes sense.

Ask a Question