CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol were you a flower power child @j.w. I MISSED BEING FROM THAT TIME PERIOD..... actually i was a result of but by the white t shirt side of life but no bike. more the bowler hats

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe it's not the smokin but the white powder after all that song is about the lines. But we all know thats not the case here or that pond would have been built non stop and we would be watching @combatwombat SIPPING A RUMSWIZZLE sitting under the umbrella sitting at the water edge singing JOY TO THE WORLD... ALL THE FISHEYS ARE HOME NOW ... JOY TO THE FISHES IN MY YEAR LONG QUEST JOY TO YOU AND MEEEEEEEEE...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lol were you a flower power child @j.w. I MISSED BEING FROM THAT TIME PERIOD..... actually i was a result of but by the white t shirt side of life but no bike. more the bowler hats
Yep grew up in the 60's and met my other half on Hippy Hill at the Seattle Center
1643827097196.gif

Many long years ago. We have been married together for coming up on Feb 15 of this year for 53 yrs. Now I am a child of God since 1972 and so is he..............much better
1643827199925.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WELL HAPPY ANIVERSARY to you both. 53 years that says one of two things don't you know
1. it says you had a very good time in the 60's and your numb and life is what it is.
2. it says you and hubby are an inspiration to us all. I'm on wife number two so i'll never see those kinda number not unless i make it another 23 years and that ain't happening

happy aniversary.gif
ae03639d8b985915b442f24c994f5e0c.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WELL HAPPY ANIVERSARY to you both. 53 years that says one of two things don't you know
1. it says you had a very good time in the 60's and your numb and life is what it is.
2. it says you and hubby are an inspiration to us all. I'm on wife number two so i'll never see those kinda number not unless i make it another 23 years and that ain't happening

View attachment 147023View attachment 147022
Thank you Gbbud and we have had our ups and downs but worked it all out when issues popped up. We are stuck w/each other now and both happy to be here together till death do us part. Hoping that won't be anytime soon tho!

This was taken a long time ago when we were still somewhat in the hippy mode
1643830352513.gif

us.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
70'S photography if i ever saw one. Nice to put faces to you both.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Catchin' up on responses. Boulders were so muddy I hosed them off in the yard today. What a mess.

Pumps push water they do not have suction.
By flooded suction, I meant placing an external pump below water level and then having the intake go through the liner so that there is no need to prime the pump. The intake piping on a pump is often referred to as the suction line.

My idea is a closed old pool filter have the pipe from the pump extended to the bottom but the pipe from the cistern be at the top of the pool filter so when the power goes out...
Thanks for the diagram. This is specifically to solve issues w/ losing prime after a power loss? I don't get how it works. When power cuts out, water won't siphon back to the cistern from the secondary pit, but when power comes back on it also won't draw water from the cistern, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Damn it @brokensword YOU SHARED that stuff you were smokin with @combatwombat and hes behind the Wheel !!!!!!

Maybe it's not the smokin but the white powder after all that song is about the lines. But we all know thats not the case here or that pond would have been built non stop

Comin' round the bend you know it's the end when the fireman screams AND THE ENGINE JUST GLEAMS!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Catchin' up on responses. Boulders were so muddy I hosed them off in the yard today. What a mess.

By flooded suction, I meant placing an external pump below water level and then having the intake go through the liner so that there is no need to prime the pump. The intake piping on a pump is often referred to as the suction line.

Thanks for the diagram. This is specifically to solve issues w/ losing prime after a power loss? I don't get how it works. When power cuts out, water won't siphon back to the cistern from the secondary pit, but when power comes back on it also won't draw water from the cistern, right?
You only need enough water to re prime the pump. As the pump intake / suction / feed / source / supply it all depends where in the country you are in, and what field your talking to. It should also have enough to absorb most of the volume of the suction line. I didn't think i'd have not enough to have the pump pull the water up from the cistern either. and i only had a 2 inch line and it did not have enough draw. but i was a good 6 feet to the bottom of the cistern in elevation , from the pump in elevation and about 27 feet of pipe

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I didn't think i'd have not enough to have the pump pull the water up from the cistern either. and i only had a 2 inch line and it did not have enough draw. but i was a good 6 feet to the bottom of the cistern in elevation , from the pump in elevation and about 27 feet of pipe

Got it. Remind me how you're accomplishing this now? Where is your external drawing from since it can't pull from the bottom of the cistern?

Ask a Question