sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There s hardly anything left in my basement except my woodworking tools and 3 filing cabinets that now house my router and bits and blades and saw parts . I also have one drawer of to build projects and some lawnmower parts and oil ,just in case i am by the basement instead of the shed . I also have some paint and stain down there . I am now finishing the shed to hang tools I use out there and parts and oil for mowers . Yesterday was so nice I worked on my gardens and landscaping clean up . got to 74 degrees so had to put shorts on , Then cable company came to figure out why it is down again and now internet service through century link is loosing speed . I did the wifi test online and my thermostat won't work with that low a speed . I think it is the modem or a connection , Cable coming again and now century link is coming

Attachments

• DSC03107.JPG
    DSC03107.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03109.JPG
    DSC03109.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Aaaaand, the shed's gone. Got it all apart an put away in 4 minutes, too. A new record for me.

Have to switch gears just a bit to make sure I can get a yard planted this spring. I missed planting it last fall, and just not fair to the kiddo to have the whole property as a giant mud pit. Actually, she doesn't care. Not fair to me. I have to change her clothes every time she comes inside.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
you are the flash! Now of course if you had a big claw machine and a dumpster it coulda been out in 2.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I WOULD HAVE CUT EVERYTHING AT THE SEAMS
cut the roof appart from one side to the other rafters and all
cut the walls from each other in the corners and from the floor drop the sections put it out to the street it would disappear so long as a photo was there of before the break down.

so you tossed it after all ?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Aaaaand, the shed's gone. Got it all apart an put away in 4 minutes, too. A new record for me.

Have to switch gears just a bit to make sure I can get a yard planted this spring. I missed planting it last fall, and just not fair to the kiddo to have the whole property as a giant mud pit. Actually, she doesn't care. Not fair to me. I have to change her clothes every time she comes inside.
I know you are young and full of energy and work like a crazy mad man but I see one day in your future your med cabinet full of Curcumin, Resveratrol. Omega 3's, and Magnesuium along w/many other anti-inflammatory supplements. I just hope you get your pond all finished and nice chairs all set up for those nice relaxing days to sit and heal from all your efforts before you collapse :joyful:

We are all rooting for you
1646243932141.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If thats all it takes @j.w ill be living off that stuff for many years

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol don't think i ever built or tore down anything that small before. i'm doomed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD: Well, I know that's what YOU would have done. But it's not what I did! Shed turned out to be half rotten. That's why I dismantled the whole thing. Also, I still want a smaller shed, and there looked to be enough good lumber left to make one, so I'm keeping the good stuff.

@j.w: I try to do things the smart way now, go slowly, and not injure myself. Still end up pretty sore lots of days. I know these days are numbered for me, so trying to knock out this kind of fun stuff before my body won't let me anymore.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
With the price of lumber guess i can't blame yea studs at 10 bucks each thats insane . i'm buying a portable mill

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
With the price of lumber guess i can't blame yea studs at 10 bucks each thats insane . i'm buying a portable mill

Right. Was just going to use Barney to tear it down and throw it all away, but then looked at lumber prices. I thought they came back down already! Must have shot up again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i have about 30 used sheets of 3/4 cdx im about to sell its rediculas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Been a bit quiet on the pond build, but I've been busy around here. Moving shed materials off the property, demoing more concrete, ripping out some big, old shrubs including the world's wildest yucca plant. The damn thing lifted the edge of my driveway! Used Barney to dig out the root system, but had to hand dig 2' underneath the driveway to get the massive root system out.

Today, I went ham on the old, worn concrete in the side yard. With no thumb, breaker, or large bucket, Barney is not the right machine for that job, but I made it work anyway. Parts of the old concrete were 8" thick! Spent 30 min+ trying to break one big chunk into smaller ones that would be easier to carry out, but no luck. Thing was so heavy I ended up doing a backwards wheelie all the way out with it:

IMG_3540.JPG

Took a giant, overflowing load of yard debris in the dump trailer to the recycling center the other day after using Barney to pull some stumps and shrubs out for the neighbor. Ended up last minute deciding to keep one big one that was already loaded and buried. Had the loader at the recycling center push it back in the trailer for me so I could take it back home. Haha. Going to turn it into a nursing log.

Currently undecided if I'll take my new mountain of concrete rubble off the the recycling center or break it up a bit and use it for an urbanite patio. Something like this:

patio-with-flagstone-look-landscaping-network_1761.jpg

Finally found Barney's manual online and have been doing a bunch of maintenance on him. Have been greasing all along, but now I know how to do a bunch of other stuff. Hoping to be sending him back to his parents before long. He started wetting his pants with hydraulic fluid and I've been topping him up occasionally. Needs a few seals replaced. In the meantime, I was given the okay to use a stop leak additive and see if that takes care of it for now.

LAST load of boulders arriving on Saturday. Then THAT's IT. I'm cutting myself off. No more rocks.

See ya again soon with an actual pond update. Gotta get the back yard graded and ready for grass first, though.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Barney looks like he is pulling his weight ( and a bit more ) around there!

Ask a Question