Dang 5 years already

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
5 years since I first started a garden pond. I've learned quite a bit during that time. I've used two different kinds of liner in that time, PVC, and EPDM 45. Both from the same source. And as it stands just now, they both perform well. The only leaks that I've had were caused by either me, wildlife, or bog plants. Nothing due to liner failure yet. Well, I take that back, the EPDM did some how develop pinholes in a localized area. That was over 4 years ago. Other than that, it's been a blast, starting with green water, learning to just let it be, and it'll clear up on it's own. Once I did that, it's been clear since. And I saved a ton on additives, and filter media, and work. This year I had to thin out the bog, and gave away about 20 or 30 Iris, and still have 5 or 6 in the bog.
I also found out that if you have a plant that you want more of, just take a cutting, and shove it in the bog. It will take root rather quickly, and then you can plant it where ever you want. Somehow, salamanders, and frogs will find your pond and make it their home. Right now there are about 20 salamanders in the goldfish pond. and mabe 2 or 3 in the swimmin' pond. I'll relocate them to the bog when I start getting the swimmin' pond ready for use.

But anyway, time flys when yer havin' fun. :D

Ask a Question